You are NOT Logged in.
All aspects of Mountain Biking at home and further afield.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Chris H

Last Visited: 23:59
13th Mar 2020
Re: Which full sussy bike to buy?
Date Posted: 12.02hrs on Tue 5 May 09
I am in a similar position with 1k to spend and was looking at the FSR XC range. Reading around the general feeling seems to be that the base level comp model is lacking a bit in the quality of the components, particularly the suspension. What you really need to go for is the expert or pro models. Expert costs £1170 and I think that is where I will be putting my money.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 13.14hrs Tue 5 May 09 by Chris H.
malks

Last Visited: 16:49
16th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 12.38hrs on Wed 6 May 09
i've got the 'comp' model and to be honest i really like it. the only component i think that is lacking would be the rear shock, i just feel its a bit soft,still trying out different pressures and stuff though just to see if i can change anything (but it does lock out so fine for the climbs) but i like the front fork, brakes and gear sets on it.

this was my first intro into a full sus bike and i'm pretty impressed. the best thing you could do is try it out and see what you like.

mine has coped easily with laggan, glentress (both red routes) carron valley and some other stuff round stirling way with no problems. dunno what sort of stuff your looking at doing but i'm more than happy with mine.
geeo

Last Visited: 20:04
7th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 20.22hrs on Thu 7 May 09
if you want the best spec for £ it's probably Giant, nice bikes too, trance x maybe ? real tough frames can take more than most can throw it off!
inchhighj

Last Visited: 21:52
14th Feb 2014
Date Posted: 21.33hrs on Sun 21 Jun 09
At last! got my FSR comp a couple of weeks ago and although I'm not sure ive made the right choice, the bike is a pure steesher! I say this because with every other night i go out i find my style of riding becomes more aggresive and i'm pushing it even more so mibbe i should of pushed the boat out and got the higher spec pro or the pitch but im totally happy with shocks as they are although I will work them to death before i upgrade and find out a little more about the science of them. Had a good day out doing the bealach trail at pittlochry a couple of saturdays ago but the bike hadnt arrived by then, bugger... still sun was splitting the skies and i hired from escape route,climbed 550m or so then went round the lochain before the summit and loved the thin fast single track through the thick bracken on the downhill and added in the rest around the area for a right long day, so thats me hooked then ha! thanks again for all the input guys and i can see now where the advice was coming from although its difficult until your actually out and about on the dam thing to know what you want to do. just wondering where to go next, ive just been doing all the parks in glasgow mainly cathkin, pollok and the kilpatrick hills once but im off work for a week and going camping/hosteling on the 13th so a base with plenty good runs nearby would be good mibbe start a new thread
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: