You are NOT Logged in.
All aspects of Mountain Biking at home and further afield.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Barclay

Last Visited: 13:29
27th Mar 2013
Alps MTBing
Date Posted: 08.39hrs on Thu 18 Jun 09
Hi Guys

I have managed to get three weeks off work this summer, and will be heading for France in my van.

I really fancy a couple of days of downhill mountain biking in the Alps, but don’t have much idea about where would be best to go. Anyone got any thoughts on the best place for novice downhill Alps MTB?

I would need to hire a bike, as I can’t fit ours into the van, presumably this can be done?

Cheers

Simon

wiz74

Last Visited: 12:54
11th Nov 2009
Re: Alps MTBing
Date Posted: 16.10hrs on Thu 18 Jun 09
Barclay,

First post (tho be reading for a while) so be gentle ;-)

Never been biking to Morzine (Portes Du Soleil) area but have been a coupl eof times in the winter and know they have a huge MTB scene there in the summer. Everything from tamer side of riding to full-on downhill courses.

Also was in Chamonix a couple of years back and believe the MTB scene there is huge in the summaer too, not sure about uplift tho. In Cham, there was a couple of big bike shops even in the winter open so I suspect you will be fine for hire when you get there.

I looked into hire a while back for a possible trip to Morzine and it wasn't super cheap but then these bikes do take a pounding. Even at Nevis you can be up to 100 quid for the day if you take big bike, full face, armour, etc so probably a bit cheaper than that I expect.

3 weeks touring europe this summer eh! Life's sweet ;-)

Cheers,
Wiz
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: