You are NOT Logged in.
All aspects of Mountain Biking at home and further afield.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
JC

Last Visited: 12:22
27th Feb 2024
What's this?What's this?
Glentress
Date Posted: 20.27hrs on Thu 9 Dec 10
Not sure of the ins and outs of this, maybe others can shed more light, but on the face of it, pretty shabby.

[scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com]

bugmonkey

Re: Glentress
Date Posted: 10.31hrs on Fri 10 Dec 10
Saw this on bike radar the other day. Seems a bit mean to be chucking them out after running a pretty decent service for so long. However I don't know what the original terms of their lease were, so maybe they should have known it might have happened.

I didn't know that they were planning on building a big new visitor centre. I'm not sure about attracting more walkers to the forest, could cause some problems if they end up on the trails! If trails and walking routes are all well sign posted it should be ok though.
Hustler

Last Visited: 07:52
19th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 13.29hrs on Tue 15 Feb 11
It is now being reported that when the new development opens in April, that the existing Hub cafe will be continuing to trade in competition for the first year.

The new cafe will be run by the owners of the Glentress Hotel, so the commitment and market knowledge of the team should not be in any doubt.
bugmonkey

Date Posted: 21.07hrs on Tue 15 Feb 11
Likewise, Alpine Bikes are going to be running the new the shop. The few times I've been into the Edinburgh store they're been helpful, so hopefully that's a good sign too.
lynseyf

Last Visited: 09:16
26th Jan 2019
What's this?
Date Posted: 18.00hrs on Mon 7 Mar 11
petition to save the Hub

[thehubintheforest.co.uk]
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: