You are NOT Logged in.
All aspects of Mountain Biking at home and further afield.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
naefearjustbeer

Last Visited: 23:28
22nd Nov 2015
Recommend me some kneepads
Date Posted: 17.11hrs on Tue 29 Mar 11
Anybody wear knee pads! After using my knee to stop myself today coming down the golspie trail I think its time to invest, I would of used my brakes but they were attached to my bike and I wasnt! Limping badly now and about to apply another ice pack!
Hustler

Last Visited: 07:52
19th Aug 2019
Re: Recommend me some kneepads
Date Posted: 20.42hrs on Tue 29 Mar 11
Easy one: 661 Kyle Strait. Don't get in the way of pedaling, except on the hottest of days and still I've worn mine in Spain many times. IXS do one very similar; both should be available on Chainreaction. I use the 661 in a size large, which suits me at 5'10" and 12 stone, with telemarker legs (i.e. a bit bigger than you might expect from the numbers above!)
These are a bit more comfortable and flexible than full on DH crustacean shell gear.
But if you hit these against a rock hard enough to damage your knees through them, you're going to A&E anyway...
naefearjustbeer

22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 20.39hrs on Thu 31 Mar 11
Sounds like the kind of thing I want they get good reviews most places. Do they have a bit of stretch in them. Measuring my legs I appear to be between sizes according to the 661 size chart.
Hustler

Last Visited: 07:52
19th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 13.01hrs on Fri 1 Apr 11
There is plenty of give and a fairly big overlap between medium and large sizes in my experience; I've got a pair of each! The older M is a wee bit snug and has a hole in the outside of one pad from meeting Spanish limestone. The large just fine but obviously, a bit bulkier. They are also great on cooler days as they are very effective knee warmers. If in doubt, I'd probably go up a size, as my larger pair still don't slip.
naefearjustbeer

22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 14.31hrs on Fri 1 Apr 11
Cheers I have gone for a size up to be on the safe side.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: