You are NOT Logged in.
All aspects of Mountain Biking at home and further afield.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
bogbiker

Last Visited: 17:33
9th Apr 2019
Moray Monster
Date Posted: 18.14hrs on Tue 18 Jun 13
Hi everyone. Just wondering what your experiences were of the Moray Monster trails. I rode the Ben Aigan trails last weekend and I have to say in comparison to Lagan, Glentress and Balbair (Yet to do Golspie - this weekend possibly!) I have to say I was quite disappointed.
I climbed up to the mast and carried over to the Hammer then back up to the Bunny. There seemed to be a lot of descent and not much in the way of quality flowing downhill or technical trail. More natural terrain than purpose built trail centre. The Bunny was good but hardly worth the climb. Are the other two sections to the Monster trails a little more exciting or am I just best heading to Golspie?
telemarker

Last Visited: 14:59
12th Apr 2021
Re: Moray Monster
Date Posted: 12.53hrs on Tue 6 Aug 13
i went out here a week or so ago

yes the Ben Aigan loop isnt quite as good as some other trail centres.
it could really do with a singletrack climb from the carpark to the main loop, then more single track links back to carpark, after the Bunny or Mast blast.

the main hammer trail is mainly following the contour line.

however, i still enjoy riding the trails every year or so

the trails closer to fochabers are quite different to Ben Aigan.
more technical singletrack and tree roots on the red,
gully monster is always fun

and the green/blues ok for a blast, but simialr to ben aigan loop
waleed432

Last Visited: 11:32
3rd Dec 2014
Re: Moray Monster
Date Posted: 09.17hrs on Sat 15 Nov 14
I did the WHW from the north to south a few years back with a few friends but because of the weather we had to abandon the first day and got a train to the Bridge of Orchy.
I would be very interested to hear from any one that has done the WHW in this direction , especially what it is like going over the Devils staircase as there doesn't seam to be much on the web about going in this direction.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 09.17hrs Sat 15 Nov 14 by waleed432.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: