You are NOT Logged in.
All aspects of Mountain Biking at home and further afield.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Hustler

Last Visited: 07:52
19th Aug 2019
Alyth Hill
Date Posted: 20.39hrs on Sun 8 Sep 13
On Sunday, 29th September, there will be an open day at Alyth for cyclists, raising the profile of the area and particularly the trails on the hill for all levels.
Please consider supporting this event.

[ahug.org.uk]
[www.facebook.com]

Sean.
remote_patrol

Last Visited: 22:53
20th Apr 2021
Re: Alyth Hill
Date Posted: 13.10hrs on Mon 9 Sep 13
i keep meaning to pop along to these (i'm in blair) but always coincides with other stuff, this year no different sad smiley

where are the aylth hill trails though? I've been a couple of times and didn't find anything, this was a while ago mind you, maybe a year ago? still a fun enough ride, but nothing i'd describe as a trail.

slightly o/t, but have you heard anything about the AMBTA glenisla trails recently? was a flurry of stuff a while back, but seems to have gone quiet.

Hustler

Last Visited: 07:52
19th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 18.56hrs on Mon 9 Sep 13
Alyth hill is an ongoing project. There are several sections of rideable trails up on the hill itself and the built stuff hasn't been started yet, which is where the event comes in. Eliot Palmer's efforts have secured the main funding required but there are still a few hurdles to deal with. There's a surprising amount of trail down in Alyth Den too.

FC sat on the original Glenisla project, preventing a trail centre from getting off the ground, more's the pity.
There's still a good circuit up at GlenIsla, as described in the Angus trail cards/guide. About 9 miles and a surprising amount of climbing (mostly doubletrack) and a couple of decent descents, all singletrack. At the far end of the route, there's an additional red grade mildly techy downhill, old school twisty stuff deep in the trees.
I need to get back up there soon and remove a very large fallen tree from the return descent south from the Crock, AMBTA has acquired a new(!) 5 foot cross cut saw and I'm itching to test it properly.

remote_patrol

Last Visited: 22:53
20th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 12.43hrs on Tue 10 Sep 13
cool, i think that must have been what i found eventually, a kind of grassy, swoopy rollercoaster across the top, then down into aylth on a landie track? haven't explored ayth den that much though, but i did take my snowboard up there a couple of years ago and that was good (if kinda short)!

i've been up to glenisla too, that red bit is good fun, but there was a lot of felled trees across the top part of the doubletrack climb, which made finding the top of the single track route a bit interesting! this was heading right (back to the start) on the ambta route card. havent tried the other red section on the route card yet though. pity if FCS have gone cold on it, theres a lot of potential up there!
Skicadets

Last Visited: 11:07
8th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 14.40hrs on Sat 24 Jun 17
Been there and had fun as well
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: