You are NOT Logged in.
All aspects of Mountain Biking at home and further afield.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Mountain Bike Wiki and trail guide?
Date Posted: 19.54hrs on Sun 15 Oct 06
Our new server has the wikimedia system pre-installed and opens up a new potential avenue for user maintained content that would allow development of a comprehensive guide to mountain biking in Scotland and the purpose built venues.

Anyone interested in helping contribute material to get such a project started, or anyone got any ideas for developing something worthwhile with such a system?
stuartm555

Last Visited: 16:03
3rd Nov 2018
Re: Mountain Bike Wiki and trail guide?
Date Posted: 20.59hrs on Sun 22 Oct 06

i made this google maps guide to scottish mtb stuff few months ago:

[stuart-marshall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk]

not that its very relevant to your wiki system, but the data is all there in an xml file which you could steal!

andrewr

Last Visited: 15:13
30th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 20.35hrs on Sun 14 Jan 07
I just found this site which has a good list of mountain bike routes in Scotland, with route descriptions.
[www.highbike.com]

It would be good to get a definitive guide to routes with, maps, descriptions, elevation profiles, etc. Taking together all the Forestry Commission purpose built trails, wild single tracks, epic routes, or just local trails.
jonners

Last Visited: 17:02
7th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 20.37hrs on Wed 17 Jan 07
I'd use a mountain bike guide if there was one Winterhighland. Ideas for such a system - type of trail, difficulty, route description, some photos, links to other sites showing the trail and perhaps some kind of map that users can illustrate the route (not sure if that would be possible though).

How easy would this be to set up and how would it be moderated?
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: