You are NOT Logged in.
All aspects of Mountain Biking at home and further afield.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Kieran

Looking for a Mountain Bike
Date Posted: 09.20hrs on Sat 29 Sep 07
Looking to buy a mountain bike and thought now would be a good time since there is alot of bike shops with sales on the noo.

Something for bashing up and down a forest track, nothing fancy or too expensive but something that also won't fall apart.

I've heard the GT Avalanche 2.0 disc is fairly decent.

The Giant Yukon and also Specialized Hardrock seem to pop up as well in google searches for similar bikes.

Can anyone recommend any of these bikes? Or give me a bit of advice on what to avoid.

Thanks
Orville

Last Visited: 13:13
27th Mar 2008
Re: Looking for a Mountain Bike
Date Posted: 19.29hrs on Sun 30 Sep 07
Best to get something that feels most comfortable for you. If you do that and are comfortable with what you are paying then you're never really going to go that wrong. Specialized and Giants use different frame sizes so that's something to watch if you're buying on-line. Definitely test ride a bike before you buy and if you live in a flat pick it up and carry it as part of the test - I've lived in too many top floor flats to make that mistake again! I've had a Specialized and a Giant and love them both and have heard no end of praise for GTs. Carreras from Halfords might also be an idea if you're just wanting a hack bike but they tend to be a bit heavier than other brands (same for Edinburgh bikes' own brands). Trek do some very nice bikes too.

Aah, buying a new bike - it's such fun!
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: