You are NOT Logged in.
All aspects of Mountain Biking at home and further afield.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
naefearjustbeer

Last Visited: 23:28
22nd Nov 2015
Re: Just bought a bike
Date Posted: 18.35hrs on Sat 4 Oct 08

This is the elevation profile of a nice loop run around my house now from a improving fitness side of things which profile direction is best, The big climb firts or last?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18.35hrs Sat 4 Oct 08 by naefearjustbeer.

naefearjustbeer

22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 18.36hrs on Sat 4 Oct 08
oops try again

Attachments: Clipboard01.jpg (163kB)  
HTH

Last Visited: 11:13
20th Feb 2018
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 13.41hrs on Tue 18 Nov 08

For those who fancy a challenge :- [news.bbc.co.uk]

Chris Hoy against Lewis Hamilton. - Apparently Lewis is rubbish on a bike, so they're letting use his car. grinning smiley

In the text, Hoy says his peak leg-power is 1800 watts (2.5 BHP). - That is one special set of legs.

Gives us all something to work towards.

growwild

Date Posted: 22.07hrs on Tue 18 Nov 08
What size are the horses?

I couldnae stop a Shetland pony pulling me one time it went in a huff, and thats only half a horse..

naefearjustbeer

22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 21.10hrs on Thu 20 Nov 08
Getting pulled by a Shetland pony!! That sounds illegal winking smiley I remember getting my jumper eaten by one when i was a bairn. Stroppy little shits of things.

growwild

Date Posted: 22.30hrs on Sun 23 Nov 08
hahahaha, some parts of Scotland it would be legal..

telemarker

Last Visited: 14:59
12th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 08.50hrs on Mon 24 Nov 08
I used to bike with Chris at St andrews uni, when i could keep up with him it was great!!

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10.55hrs Mon 24 Nov 08 by telemarker.

HTH

Last Visited: 11:13
20th Feb 2018
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 09.52hrs on Mon 24 Nov 08
Andrew, if you're interested, you could do Chris a favour. He's one of the top three considered likely to win the BBC's Sport Personality award. - [news.bbc.co.uk]

The cycling community would like to be sure he gets a good vote on the night. The concern is that there may be several excellent cycling candidates, thus diluting the vote. - By contrast, Lewis Hamilton will be the only motorsports candidate on the shortlist.

I'm pleased Hamilton won the F1 championship, but I feel his best achievements lie in the future, whereas Chris Hoy's multiple Olympic & World championships have proved his excellence over several years.

TBH I don't normally bother much with the BBC contest, but on this occasion I'd like to see Hoy (and British Cycling) recognised for his multiple achievements, and the very positive & mature manner in which he's done it.

Liberty-Skis

Last Visited: 16:00
22nd Apr 2011
Date Posted: 17.16hrs on Sat 24 Jan 09
My tuppence on wearing helmets.

I'm a pretty experienced rider (I've been riding a lot in Scotland, Wales, England and spent a week in Chamonix, French Alps).

I was riding my bike a couple of years ago, a place local to me I've done loads of times, near Sheffield in the Peak District.

I was riding very slowly (6 mph-ish) down a very rocky descent. My front wheel hit a big rock, the front suspension compressed fully then I was thrown over the handlebars. I hit my head on another rock. It was like being hit over the head with a baseball bat or something. Not painful but pretty distressing!

Anyway, my helmet, a high-end Bell one, was cracked in 2 places. It was put in the bin when I got home. I would have fractured my skull, and that's riding at a very low speed. Getting paramedics to me would have been a nightmare. Even though we were close to the main road (half a mile) there is no car access.

So get a helmet sharpish.

naefearjustbeer

22nd Nov 2015
Date Posted: 20.59hrs on Wed 28 Jan 09
[www.youtube.com] something silly!!

Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: