You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
growwild

Glencoe Stag
Date Posted: 06.08hrs on Mon 16 Feb 09
I'll give 10% of what I can make in the next couple of months to anyone that can give me information in here or in pms on who shot him.

This could be a few quid, or a lot...

Any takers?

Toky

Last Visited: 23:36
3rd Mar 2018
Re: Glencoe Stag
Date Posted: 09.25hrs on Mon 16 Feb 09
I have several photos taken last year en route to Fort William

Attachments: CIMG0225 (Small).JPG (57kB)   CIMG0226 (Small).JPG (45kB)  
growwild

Date Posted: 10.51hrs on Mon 16 Feb 09
Is that the same stag?

Cheers

Toky

3rd Mar 2018
Date Posted: 16.40hrs on Mon 16 Feb 09
This is the tame one at the "snack bar" car park viewpoint overlooking Loch Tulla.

growwild

Date Posted: 18.09hrs on Mon 16 Feb 09
Cool, that the same bar that was feeding the stag tae get him in?

I got right up close to him one day we stopped for pics, he still kept his 'safe' distance, but I seen in they eyes. He looked sad that day sad smiley

brian-hall

Last Visited: 08:20
17th Mar 2018
Date Posted: 21.15hrs on Mon 16 Feb 09
hey dude...........i know exactly what you are feeling here......i loved to see this beast on my way to the 'fort every weekend for years. i stayed in a b&b in fort william 2 weeks ago and i was reliably informed of what had happened.
for a long time there has been hunting of wild deer and stag around the glencoe, rannoch moor and great glen areas, the b&b owner was telling me of the problems and i mentioned the animal at the car park.....whether hunting or not was on the KILLERS agenda, the animal was what appeard to be blind in 1 eye, this then seemed to ignite somethig in some CRAZY persons head to put {i quote from the B&B owner}.......7 SLUGS IN THE ANIMALS HEAD..................i do not know if this was an air gun or real live rounds but none the less, in my opinion this a senseless and barabaric act.

Attachments: _45312593_stag466.jpg (46kB)  
Andy28

Last Visited: 22:01
9th Mar 2021
What's this?
Date Posted: 23.12hrs on Mon 16 Feb 09
apparently it was air gun pellets

punx

Date Posted: 23.16hrs on Mon 16 Feb 09
Santa is going to be pissed, that some little ned wacked rudolf.

freeskiing

Last Visited: 20:49
21st Jul 2019
Date Posted: 23.33hrs on Mon 16 Feb 09
Growwild: This might be of interest to you.

I was sickened to hear of this.

[www.flickr.com]

growwild

Date Posted: 00.21hrs on Tue 17 Feb 09
I heard a wee whisper that there were some good guys looking after the animals now in certain areas.. I need to hike more and sit about I think... I might see somting one day up there...

I did see a little one that caught my eye not so long ago, they were close to the road and this one stood out, its legs were shaking but I caught a glimpse of its eyes smiling smiley

If we all make friends with the animals we should be good, and then we will find balance in there somewhere winking smiley

Cheers for that Freesking, I dont get much time to read what people say about these things online... I have some pics in an auld hard drive some place, gotta find someone that knows about computers, or they could be here, plenty of good info in here...

pavlf

Last Visited: 00:09
6th Jun 2019
Date Posted: 00.51hrs on Tue 17 Feb 09
It's a crime about that stag, but then stags are being killed all over the place all the time, it's just that this one got a bit more anthropomorphised. And then there's the cows and the sheep. It's tricky to know what way is best to kill something (go on, a very open-ended statement). I'm with you anyhow GW, leave the animals alone.

Doug_Bryce

Date Posted: 09.02hrs on Tue 17 Feb 09
Meall A Bhuridh = Hill of the roaring stag.

Though the Blackmount stag is sadly missed.
Almost always there at the Loch Tulla car park - often with the snack bar and bagpiper. Tourists must have loved that...

On a happier note - There is usually a few friendly stag's and stag-es's down at the Kingshouse. I think the kitchen staff have been feeding them for years.

[www.haggistrap.co.uk]

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 09.03hrs Tue 17 Feb 09 by Doug_Bryce.

Toky

3rd Mar 2018
Date Posted: 09.19hrs on Tue 17 Feb 09
I've often seen the deer on the webcam at Kingshouse

[kingy.viewnetcam.com]

When the heavy snow fell, it was awesome watching them come down so close to the hotel looking for food.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: