You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
gaz5m

Last Visited: 11:56
23rd Apr 2018
Re: Would you welcome Vail Resorts to Scotland?
Date Posted: 08.49hrs on Mon 27 Feb 12
TBH, I think Vail Resorts get a bit of a bad rap in the States. Having been to Keystone, Breck and Vail itself, seems to me they run a pretty good ship hill wise.

That said, Vail is my least favourite of all their places I've been as the town just feels crap, like it was built for rich people. I'd agree with everyone above in that sense that they like do invest a lot in property.

Breck town is much, much nicer. Still has the developments near the hill, but down in town just feels a lot more real.

Ticket prices are also a bonus as far as I'm concerned. Paid £250 for a season pass for Breck, Keystone and A-Basin this year, meaning my 10 days in Colorado is cheaper lift ticket wise than the same 10 days here.
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 09.49hrs on Tue 31 Mar 15
Perhaps hell has finally frozen over, Vail Resorts has acquired Australia's largest Ski Resort Perisher.
WeeSam

Last Visited: 00:53
5th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 08.46hrs on Wed 1 Apr 15
I can see that being a good business opportunity.

I visited Perisher many times (albiet last time 15 years agao) and can say that it oozes class is feels like an ultra-professional outfit. It's much more like US resorts than European ones. Everything runs well, service is top-notch, fast-lifts, the place is spotless, they keep runs open top-to-bottom (important with their limited - even by Australian standards - vertical).

Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: