You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
David Goldsmith

Last Visited: 08:28
6th Nov 2018
New CEO for Snowsports Scotland
Date Posted: 14.07hrs on Wed 13 Jul 16
Today's press release reads in full ...

SNOWSPORT SCOTLAND APPOINTS CEO

Scottish Governing Body – Snowsport Scotland – has announced the appointment of former Director of Sportswork Group, Rob Claridge, as CEO to drive the ambitious organisation forward with a strong strategic plan.

Holding senior positions in the sports sector across the globe, Rob brings with him 30 years’ experience and a firm passion for snowsports. He believes this will help to play a pivotal role in both shaping and driving the future of Snowsport Scotland as the sport continues to become increasingly popular.

In recent years Rob has returned to his Scottish roots with his family, to hold the position of Senior Manager of Commercial Operations at Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, which subsequently led to Rob being appointed as Commercial Advisor to the CEO.

Speaking about his recent appointment Rob said: “I am delighted to be appointed as CEO of Snowsport Scotland. Growing up in Edinburgh I took my first ski lessons at Hillend Ski Centre. Since that point I developed a real passion for snowsports and then went on to spend a lot of my time skiing in the mountains around Scotland with my family.

“Having a deep engrained passion for the sport, I want people of all ages and abilities to become more involved with what is such an accessible and enjoyable sport both at a competitive and non-competitive level.

“With my strong sports background I bring to the role a wide perspective of the opportunities that snowports has, both its place in Scotland as a sport and the important economy driver that it is in terms of leisure and tourism activity to the country.”

In 1987, Rob joined the international sports management company ProServ Inc and held key roles in producing large scale tennis events for major players, including the likes of Ivan Lendl, John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors. Rob then went on to hold senior positions from Manager of the WTA Women’s World Doubles Cup right through to Director of Sales and Marketing with NFL Europe/Scottish Claymores.

Appointed as Director of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship at Sportswork Group, based in Malaysia in 2002, Rob worked with many governing bodies of sport, government ministries and blue chips clients across all aspects of strategic sports development equipping him with the necessary skillset to commercially leverage Snowsport Scotland.

Chairperson at Snowsport Scotland, Wayne Glasse Davies, said: “Rob’s exceptional track record in the sports sector speaks for itself and we are delighted to welcome him to the organisation. He has an excellent reputation and as we aim to become increasingly commercially smart, we believe Rob will play an influential role in driving this change throughout the organisation.

“We firmly believe Rob will be an asset to Snowsport Scotland and be great at feeding success back into the membership, strengthening key relationships and developing participation at all levels of the sport throughout Scotland and further afield.”

As the national Governing Body for all snowsports in Scotland the organisation is responsible for building and supporting a world class, national coaching structure, developing and nurturing top athletic talent and providing the competitive area for athletes of all levels from beginners to the podium placed.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: