You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Community buy-out of CairnGorm
Date Posted: 12.24hrs on Thu 31 Aug 17
This has made the BBC news website - though not quite accurate, the roadmap Aviemore Business Association made public this week involved options for an asset transfer or lease of the Ciste, but these options have been ruled out.

The end point of the sequence of options was to pursue a community right to buy purchase of the ski area portion of the CairnGorm Estate, rather than a portion of the ski area.

[www.bbc.co.uk] .

If this is pursed and succeeds, The remainder of the estate should imo be transferred to the Forestry Commission and reintegrated into the forest park.
growwild

Re: Community buy-out of CairnGorm
Date Posted: 23.05hrs on Thu 31 Aug 17
Good on em, when were the title deeds fabricated for that estate?

Public buying land that was stole aff em, the thief up Glencoe will be trying to charge me next for what's mine!
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 12.16hrs on Thu 7 Sep 17
A small crowd funder has been launched to raise £2000 to incorporate and promote the aims of a Community Trust as it prepares to gather support to formulate a bid under Community Right to Buy.

[www.justgiving.com]
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 10.03hrs on Wed 13 Sep 17
The funding appeal passed it's target yesterday, but remains open - the more support given the stronger the case is. There will be a fund raising event in Aviemore early November - watch this thread for updates.

[www.justgiving.com]
jelly2

Last Visited: 15:15
18th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 18.55hrs on Mon 9 Oct 17
Maybe not many folk were up early on Saturday morning to hear this but there was a good section on Radio Scotland Out of Doors about the buyout. Lasts 10 minutes and
starts 35 minutes in. The presenters say towards the end that they may try to get HIE to comment and broadcast their response in next week's program, I wish them luck.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

growwild

Date Posted: 17.13hrs on Tue 10 Oct 17
I heard that at the weekend, a transfer of assets from a council ?

That'll take a lorry load of brown envelopes winking smiley

I hope they get somewhere though!
tim1mw

Date Posted: 22.25hrs on Tue 10 Oct 17
I've sent them a small donation, fingers crossed that they get somewhere, having people who care about Cairngorm running it might finally turn around the rot of the last 15 years.
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 13.39hrs on Fri 20 Oct 17
The Aviemore and Glenmore Community Trust has been incorporated and is now open for membership. It doesn't cost anything to join, but to be a full voting member you must be 16 or over and on the electoral register within the PH22 postcode sector.

Individuals outwith PH22 and businesses within PH22 can join as associate members.

More details: [www.aviemoreglenmoretrust.org]
some frustrated skier

Last Visited: 21:55
16th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 09.06hrs on Sat 21 Oct 17
Signed up as associate member
Ad_Hynkel

Last Visited: 12:28
12th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 00.00hrs on Mon 6 Nov 17
Good luck with this. Not a regular visitor to Cairngorm and recent events have lessened my desire to visit too, but if this were to succeed I would make the effort to visit more often, without doubt.
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 00.22hrs on Mon 6 Nov 17
The Aviemore and Glenmore Community Trust is holding an open day at the Cairngorm Hotel this coming Tuesday (7th Nov) from 2pm to 8pm. Everyone with a stake and interest in the future of CairnGorm Mountain is welcome to drop in at anytime, find out about the trust, it's objective of community ownership and discuss some ideas for the future.

Above all the day is for discussion, the Trust above all else want's to hear your thoughts, ideas and vision for shaping a better future for CairnGorm Mountain.

Find out more about the trust at [www.aviemoreglenmoretrust.org] .
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: