You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Lewchew

Last Visited: 22:00
31st Jul 2018
Hire shops south of glenshee
Date Posted: 20.30hrs on Fri 8 Feb 13
Hi, Im heading up to glenshee tomorow and didnt reserve my equipment on time. Just wondering if any recomends any hire shops on the way (blairgowrie side) that do good skis.
Cheers Lewis
HTH

Last Visited: 11:13
20th Feb 2018
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Hire shops south of glenshee
Date Posted: 20.42hrs on Fri 8 Feb 13
Bridge of Cally ski hire. - A93.

Right opposite the Bridge of Cally hotel at roadside. Parking on Right side of road immediately opposite hotel.

If no luck there you still have Blackwater ski hire a few miles further.

EDIT: the inter web says that Cally Hire has moved & is on A93 before you exit Blairgowrie. On right side before a cheese shop. But I'm sure I've seen folk picking up hire skis at Bridge of Cally as recently as last weekend.

Anybody know if its moved back to Cally, or using both shops?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 21.07hrs Fri 8 Feb 13 by HTH.
Lewchew

31st Jul 2018
Date Posted: 21.17hrs on Fri 8 Feb 13
cheers, any idea price wise? I heard one of the shops on the way likes to set bindings on the floor so Id prefer to avoid there, not sure which one though
timstirling

Last Visited: 01:20
12th Sep 2016
Date Posted: 21.48hrs on Fri 8 Feb 13
Not used any in years as I am rarely ins scotland these days but I had good experience at Bridge of Cally hire, also a shop in blairgowrie, and at cairdsports at the spittal.
GlensheeMike

Last Visited: 19:13
15th Mar 2019
Date Posted: 22.57hrs on Fri 8 Feb 13
Have regularly used the guys north of Bridge of Cally at the side of the road before the Kirkmichael junction. Great folk, very helpful, and bindings are set on a counter. Choice of three types of ski - economy, standard, and advanced - latter are brand new this year. Never a long queue there. Bring ID that you can leave with them - bank card, drivers licence. They can take payment by card but need to do it in long-hand.
Skis and boards available, all boots, small selection of goggles for sale, helmets for hire.
Discovered them a few years ago and have never again suffered the hire queue at Glenshee.
Lewchew

31st Jul 2018
Date Posted: 23.12hrs on Fri 8 Feb 13
cheers, glenshee mike what sort of prices is that place ?
ali-g

Last Visited: 17:14
11th Apr 2014
Date Posted: 13.11hrs on Sat 9 Feb 13
Depends on far south you are talking about - Ski N Boardroom in Glasgow hires skis,snowboards and clothing
AndyD

Last Visited: 10:20
19th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 17.00hrs on Mon 11 Feb 13
Just to let folk know, Cairdsport which was located at the Spittal has now closed down so no skis there.
The Compass Christian Centre, which is located 2 miles South of the Spittal about 1/2 mile off the road, has ex Cairdsport skis for hire now at £16 per day for full set. Phone 01250 885209 for more info.
Their website is being redone at the moment but check their FB page for more info and some pics of the skis. - [www.facebook.com]
Also they have a rope tow which will soon be going up in their beginnner friendly back field. Could be a good option for dodgy road opening days.
timstirling

Last Visited: 01:20
12th Sep 2016
Date Posted: 17.44hrs on Mon 11 Feb 13
sade news about cairdsport - lots of memories of that place. As a kid that is where I would end uo early morning to hire equipment and get lessons
New ski hire

Hire shops south of glenshee
Date Posted: 09.18hrs on Wed 23 Nov 16
New ski hire opened last season near Glenshee for people travelling up A93.

Fantastic equipment, same prices as all other Hire shops but brand new gear, fully qualified and experienced staff.

Check us out.

www.thecabinskihire.co.uk

www.facebook.com/thecabinskihire
magendo

Last Visited: 20:07
10th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 15.33hrs on Tue 29 Nov 16
The guys that ran the old Cairdsport hire shop at the Spittal moved a few miles south to the pottery just past the A93 junction with the B951 (to Glenisla and Kirriemuir) if you are driving northwards.

They now operate as Fresh Tracks Glenshee. See [freshtracksglenshee.co.uk] for prices and further contact details.

I have used them since their Cairdsport days and have found them very helpful and friendly, with good, reasonably priced equipment. If you provide them with hirers age, weight, height and shoe size the day before they will have the equipment set up and waiting for you on arrival. This means you can get back on the road quickly.

One plus point is that they have an office at the ski centre, across the road from the cafe, which is primarily for their ski school. However, we have had occasion to go there for adjustments to boots and bindings and to get replacement ski poles.

Let's hope we get a good dump of snow soon for a long season and a few days open over the festive period.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: