You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3
tim1mw

Re: The Fantasy Lift Shopping List...
Date Posted: 23.00hrs on Thu 23 May 13
Hipennine Wrote:

Can't say that I've seen many 3600 p/h uplift fixed grips, but there are numerous 6 and 8 seater detachables.

And lots of detailed theoretical discussion there, but can you reference an actual worked example ?

Dopplemayers fixed grip chair lift brochure:

[media.doppelmayr.com]

claims that they can build fixed grip chairs with capacities up to 3100 p/h.

I've not got any figures for power consumption but if the figures can be found, the recent replacemet of the fixed grip Skye peak quad at Killington with a detachable quad would be a good comparison. As far as I can tell the line/length of the new lift is identical to the old one. I've not been there personally since the upgrade was done, but if you use historical imagery on Google Earth it's clear that the lift stations are still in exactly the same place. Therefore, the difference in power consimption would be fairly representative of the difference between fixed and detachable lifts.
SNOWisKING

Last Visited: 17:33
16th Jun 2019
Date Posted: 14.18hrs on Sat 30 May 15
I have made fantasy improvements for Glenshee and Glencoe that I would like to see on google earth overlays ( Used tim1mw's mapping of the existing lifts/slopes ). I wanted to get some opinions, so made an account here!

I wasn't sure how to get the files into the thread, just hoping these links will help
( to view you need Google earth installed )

- Glencoe
[forum.winterhighland.info]

- Glenshee
[forum.winterhighland.info]

NOTES:

*All of the lift prices are just estimates based on what I have found on the web, the piste basher costs are quite accurate, the costs of upgrading other infrastructure are just guesses.

*New runs and lift names are just what I could think of

*Capacity on lifts are the number of people that could lap that lift ( just estimated run time ) without there being any queues, this is used to work out the true capacity of the area without queues ( roughly )

*Size of chairlifts are just what I thought would be best, could easily be altered. All Chairlifts are fixed grip for cheaper purchase and running costs.

*At both of the resorts, you can use the folders on the left of Google earth
(PC version only ) to select different parts of the modifications to be shown. I have made folders for stages I would implement these improvements in, each stage can be individually shown.

Edited 4 times. Last edit at 22.32hrs Sat 30 May 15 by SNOWisKING.
igloo4you

Last Visited: 16:28
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 14.39hrs on Sat 30 May 15
Intwerested to have a look but can't find anything that will open the file?
SNOWisKING

16th Jun 2019
Date Posted: 16.39hrs on Sat 30 May 15
Is the problem finding a suitable program to open the file (It can be viewed on Google earth ( [www.google.co.uk] ) or by downloading the google earth app off the App Store ) or do the links not work?
DonaldM

Last Visited: 20:58
10th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 20.57hrs on Sat 30 May 15
That's a lot of fash but very good. If I win the lottery I will help out. My condition is getting rid of the primary school seats in the Plateau Château.
SNOWisKING

16th Jun 2019
Date Posted: 23.01hrs on Sat 30 May 15
DonaldM - Thanks, I think I got a bit carried away in the end which resulted in a bit of an overload of symbols! Unticking some of the boxes may help with this, especially if there are doubles of certain objects.
Snowweasel

Last Visited: 11:14
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 08.00hrs on Mon 1 Jun 15
I'd be fascinated to know, Alan, if that Doppelmayr study of Cairngorm's lifts was ever made public. I'd love to see it.
Goto Page:  Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: