You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  1234Next
Current Page:1 of 4
Piperfraz

Last Visited: 17:36
3rd Mar 2017
Scottish Freestyle Thread
Date Posted: 09.55hrs on Fri 14 Mar 14
I thought it would be useful if there was one single thread to keep track of the parks around the hills, given that the resorts don't always give updates for what is going on freestyle-wise.

It would be good if people could share any pictures/videos showing up to date conditions in the parks. I can post updates from Cairngorm from time to time, but the more people that can post, the more accurate a picture we can have of what has been set up in the hills!

(I will properly start this thread by posting some pics whenever I get up to Cairngorm next, but if anyone fancies helping out to start that would be great!)
Cheers

growwild

Re: Scottish Freestyle Thread
Date Posted: 12.24hrs on Fri 14 Mar 14
When snowsports Scotland click their fingers some resorts make an effort, others jump when Vans want one, some make them for the public to use...

I'm starting to think the resorts should be stripped of anything they have not paid for, and if they want parks they pay for it, it might give them an incentive to build parks and look after the equipment.

Piperfraz

3rd Mar 2017
Date Posted: 12.44hrs on Fri 14 Mar 14
The issue is lack of staff who are employed solely to build/shape parks IMO. Meaning that unless the hill is in good condition with no digging required, the park won't get any attention.

Video of The Lecht's park:
[mpora.com]

Edited 4 times. Last edit at 16.35hrs Mon 24 Mar 14 by Piperfraz.

daveski

Last Visited: 10:01
28th Apr 2019
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 14.01hrs on Fri 14 Mar 14
No surprsises a new topic for whining and moaning

growwild

Date Posted: 14.41hrs on Fri 14 Mar 14
And u add tae it by moaning about moaning. I wont dirty cairngorm too much, it's ass will be clean enough for you tae keep kissing...

Nevis and the Lecht are the only ones that make an effort for their customers, u can only do so much with shovels too...

gaz5m

Last Visited: 11:56
23rd Apr 2018
Date Posted: 14.43hrs on Fri 14 Mar 14
daveski Wrote:
No surprsises a new topic for whining and moaning

To be fair, unless I've read the OP wrongly I don't think thats the intention. More about having a thread to track park conditions in the same way as we have one for snow conditions (albeit individually rather than collectively).

I reckon thats fair enough, plenty of people will be interested to know how things are shaping up (no pun intended), especially as we are now into spring snow conditions when (in my opinion) park riding is most fun.

Glenshee Update from 13/03:

Small park in the usual spot off Butcharts consisted of:

Narrow Flat Down box, Narrow down box, Corrie Pipe stall, wide flat box, 2x C box & a narrow up/down/flat/box. There was a little "lump" at the end for getting some air off. Was a yellow pipe lying by the fence so suspect it used to be a pole jam thats seen better days, but provided a bit of fun none-the-less.

It was decent, though didn't look like any maintenance had been done in a while (the run in's to the c boxes had no on ramp leaving a sizeable ollie for those brave enough and we had to do a bit of maintenance to the run in to the boxes before we could use them which was no bother to be fair.

All in though it was a pleasant surprise, we werent expecting anything to be out and we had a couple of hours hiking it and having fun in the spring snow. Not been in a park for ages, we enjoyed the time.

Piperfraz

3rd Mar 2017
Date Posted: 14.47hrs on Fri 14 Mar 14
gaz5m Wrote:
To be fair, unless I've read the OP wrongly I don't think thats the intention. More about having a thread to track park conditions in the same way as we have one for snow conditions (albeit individually rather than collectively).

I reckon thats fair enough, plenty of people will be interested to know how things are shaping up (no pun intended), especially as we are now into spring snow conditions when (in my opinion) park riding is most fun.

Glenshee Update from 13/03:

Small park in the usual spot off Butcharts consisted of:

Narrow Flat Down box, Narrow down box, Corrie Pipe stall, wide flat box, 2x C box & a narrow up/down/flat/box. There was a little "lump" at the end for getting some air off. Was a yellow pipe lying by the fence so suspect it used to be a pole jam thats seen better days, but provided a bit of fun none-the-less.

It was decent, though didn't look like any maintenance had been done in a while (the run in's to the c boxes had no on ramp leaving a sizeable ollie for those brave enough and we had to do a bit of maintenance to the run in to the boxes before we could use them which was no bother to be fair.

All in though it was a pleasant surprise, we werent expecting anything to be out and we had a couple of hours hiking it and having fun in the spring snow. Not been in a park for ages, we enjoyed the time.

You're spot on with the aim of this topic. Promoting what freestyle set-ups there are around the country so people can see what's on offer.

Thanks for the report too.

Piperfraz

3rd Mar 2017
Date Posted: 18.24hrs on Fri 14 Mar 14
Cairngorm have taken delivery of a Kassbohrer 600 Park Bully today…

[www.facebook.com]

David Goldsmith

Last Visited: 08:28
6th Nov 2018
Date Posted: 20.28hrs on Fri 14 Mar 14
Take care ...

News report of today ... [health.usnews.com]

'Extreme Sports' Linked to 40,000 Head and Neck Injuries Per Year

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20.30hrs Fri 14 Mar 14 by David Goldsmith.

sspeirs

Last Visited: 09:59
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 21.31hrs on Fri 14 Mar 14
Glencoe had a box out when I was up on Tuesday (11 March), and I think a small kicker beside that. I wonder if the other park gear (pipe etc) are still buried! They had a nice wee park in early Feb but the constant digging out of lists has obviously restricted the time they have to build a park. I'll get a photo next time I'm up (hopefully this weekend weather/wind permitting but I have to say looking unlikely)

glenogle

Last Visited: 23:25
1st Jun 2018
Date Posted: 13.18hrs on Sat 15 Mar 14
Nessie Rollers in place at Cairngorm smiling smiley
Big Lump being built in the Ptarmigan Bowl too.

Piperfraz

3rd Mar 2017
Date Posted: 17.12hrs on Tue 18 Mar 14
Cairngorm working on their pipe today:

[www.facebook.com]

They've also started building their kickers.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 17.15hrs Tue 18 Mar 14 by Piperfraz.

Attachments: 1622388_603780983048757_1944950758_o.jpg (68kB)   523611_634254589974578_1628306161_n.jpg (39kB)  
flugeryl

Last Visited: 12:40
11th Mar 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 12.09hrs on Fri 21 Mar 14
is there a freestyle comp and cairngorm this weekend?

Be Nice to Skiers, they have it hard enough already

StevieMcK

Last Visited: 13:25
29th Apr 2019
Date Posted: 12.11hrs on Fri 21 Mar 14
flugeryl Wrote:

Be nice to skiers...they have enough problems already

Yes, its the Snowsport Scotland Freestyle Championships on Saturday.

Andy28

Last Visited: 22:01
9th Mar 2021
What's this?
Date Posted: 22.38hrs on Fri 21 Mar 14
StevieMcK Wrote:
flugeryl Wrote:

Be nice to skiers...they have enough problems already

Yes, its the Snowsport Scotland Freestyle Championships on Saturday.

Just Saturday or Sunday? Was looking. To try the park up there on Sunday but not if a comp is on

Goto Page:  1234Next
Current Page:1 of 4
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: