You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Freeheel

Last Visited: 12:20
22nd Dec 2016
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Braveheart
Date Posted: 20.10hrs on Sat 19 Apr 14
Aha bit of an insider job? Who can blame them they do a great job. If it broke down it wouldn't be good to be stuck on it though so I trust there judgement besides hiking up with a onesie wouldn't have been a pretty sight! eye popping smiley

Were you up today Sredna? It softened a lot earlier and I reckon lemon sqeezy would have been good to go grinning smiley

sredna100

Date Posted: 20.37hrs on Sat 19 Apr 14
Not today but going for it mid day-ish Sunday, Freeheel what was your approach for the CMD and how long was the ascent? Was wondering if Boldrush is still on? Can't cope with too much of the uphill these days to be honest, once from the bottom of Braveheart was enough on Friday, heavier kit and old age and sun a killer......but spot on on the way down, You heading up?

Freeheel

22nd Dec 2016
Date Posted: 21.57hrs on Sat 19 Apr 14
CMD by the Vallee Vert but a bit sub optimal with having to hop between steep patches on VV while snow was solid and everything else slippery. I've put my photos up on Flickr now; White Russian sector looked about the best I think but it would need some sun to soften it up. [www.flickr.com]

Time 4 hrs (top of Aonach Mor 10.30am and back in the restaurant for lunch 2.30pm) I lost time on VV otherwise reasonably OK and def worth a trip with lift pass reducing slog time and slog effort. However, I prob only had 15 mins skiing out of those 4 hrs which tells a story in itself sad smiley Maybe see you tomorrow for a run down the back. Warrens was great again today Flight was a fav grinning smiley

walydug

Last Visited: 19:12
5th Jun 2019
Date Posted: 07.44hrs on Sun 20 Apr 14
Pleasure to meet you on the slopes Freeheel. I've PM'd you.

JC

Last Visited: 12:22
27th Feb 2024
What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 17.15hrs on Sun 20 Apr 14
Freeheel Wrote:
Engineers said to be working on it today and I was told it would be a miracle if it opened.

Sadly no miracle and the sign says it all.

Miracles DO happen!smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Freeheel

22nd Dec 2016
Date Posted: 09.24hrs on Mon 21 Apr 14
They certainly do and I'm a believer! smiling smiley

Who'd have thought it though eh and on a Sunday too, just out of the blue at noon. Or should noon read moon as in blue moon?eye popping smiley It certainly makes it all the more special though and it was just lap after lap for a while on perfect fast spring snow with the lift running flawlessly. Whoever worked their magic or black magic, a huge thanks grinning smiley

sredna100

Date Posted: 13.49hrs on Fri 25 Apr 14
Open today (Fri) then open Sat/Sun 26 and 27 April with good cover to the bottom of the chair.
Might be the last this season? still enough snow there for more possibly? but is there any punters?........but a bit of a walk out.

Was fantastic last Sunday, possibly my best equal day of the season, you can easily drop in at a number of entrances in Coire Dubh or do Easy Gully ,Spikes Fright or Summit gully to name a few. The last 3 needed a 15mtr walk last Sunday to get to Braveheart, not bad for almost May? and skis scraping the snow on the way up on the chair.

Take care........ but have fun !

Andy

Last Visited: 08:47
2nd May 2019
Date Posted: 11.54hrs on Mon 28 Apr 14
Great day yesterday - did summit gully (which had a very large crevasse) but the snow was very nice. Only about 10 min walk back to the bottom of the braveheart which started running 5 mins after we arrived (great timing). Had a few laps on the chair in the sun...great way to end the season at nevis (although i'll be at glencoe next weekend!)

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11.28hrs Thu 1 May 14 by Andy.

Andy

2nd May 2019
Date Posted: 11.28hrs on Thu 1 May 14
wee pic of last sunday

Attachments: summit gully-2.jpg (357kB)  
Freeheel

22nd Dec 2016
Date Posted: 12.23hrs on Thu 1 May 14
Wow you weren't joking about the crevasse, which wasnt there the previous weekend at all. That side of the hill is absolutely loaded eye popping smiley

Andy

2nd May 2019
Date Posted: 12.59hrs on Thu 1 May 14
biggest i've seen in scotland!...didn't hang around too long to see what depth it was but it was big enough to swallow me up!.

Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: