You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Current Page:11 of 13
PaulN

Last Visited: 09:19
8th Mar 2015
Re: Glenshee Snow 2015
Date Posted: 08.42hrs on Wed 25 Feb 15
SAIS blog from yesterday.

[scairngormsblog.sais.gov.uk]

Crofty

Last Visited: 14:59
16th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 22.20hrs on Wed 25 Feb 15
Not a bad day today, great snow and sunny periods in the morning.
Went a bit downhill in the afternoon when the weather closed in.
Hope the temps stay low enough to keep the snow for a while longer.

remote_patrol

Last Visited: 22:53
20th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 18.53hrs on Thu 26 Feb 15
pretty decent today, very firm (with the odd bulletproof patch) but plenty grippy with decent edges. much better than I expected given the rain overnight. nothing much outside the fences, but pistes are in really good nick. only cairnwell side, sunnyside and cluny/tom dearg running, but no major qs except behind ski schools.

looks like some kind of park/boardercross thing is being built at butcharts too, ready for the weekend supposedly. looking pretty substantial judging by the piles of snow they were pushing about today

sharpen edges if you're heading up and it'll be all good smiling smiley

Pyranha

Last Visited: 16:01
17th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 19.31hrs on Thu 26 Feb 15
Went up this afternoon. Just a normal Glenshee day - reduced uplift meant a reduced price; smiles and chat from all staff we encountered. Icy in places, but plenty of nice skiing to be found. We had a really good time, mainly on Cluny and Sunnyside where there seemed to be a bit less ice/crust.

fyall

Last Visited: 09:59
10th Feb 2016
Date Posted: 07.47hrs on Sun 1 Mar 15
Was up yesterday, hoping to watch some of the freestyle. Visibility was extremely poor and it waned between sleet and snow for the afternoon. Had some great sliding on Butcharts but more snow is needed as bare patches are starting to show. If you are thinking about it, get up there! Classic Scottish conditions but great fun.

hillbillyhoopla

Date Posted: 17.40hrs on Sun 1 Mar 15
This side of our shitty island is cursed.

CMartindale

Last Visited: 20:31
25th Jul 2019
Date Posted: 18.14hrs on Sun 1 Mar 15
Make the most of what you got.

Today was pretty good with the snow firm after the cold weather. It softened in the sun and was generally very good. Quite windy but not too bad. Wind and snow picked up at home time.

Cover remains excellent on most Eastern facing slopes. Claybokie is the exception to that. Anyone who likes Claybokie but doesn't like ice should try Tom Dearg which is spot on just now.

Expecting more snow this week then it's looking like it might turn milder. This could be the last couple of weeks so don't dilly dally.

Brozo

Date Posted: 19.47hrs on Sun 1 Mar 15
CMartindale Wrote:
This could be the last couple of weeks.

Wash your mouth out with soapy water you naughty little b*****d.

Andy

Last Visited: 08:47
2nd May 2019
Date Posted: 10.48hrs on Mon 2 Mar 15
current outlook doesn't look great I have to say. west coast areas should hold up well into april , but it won't take much to break up the runs at glenshee. Hopefully not as i've only just managed to break even with my advantage card!

flugeryl

Last Visited: 12:40
11th Mar 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 12.27hrs on Tue 3 Mar 15
got 16 days under my belt at Glenshee, weekend warrior from now on, with warm weather this weekend and looking like a warmer march than normal... then unless the warmth tracks further south and lets the cold air to the north come down, Glenshee wont see out March, and last week of march would be Cairnwell side only with walking around the cafe

all said its got great cover from now until Sunday, bit of wind (Again!!!!) get out there, summer is a long time, Glencoe is a long drive,

this could be the first winter for 5 years I havent made 20days at Glenshee, but forecasts dont mean doom, they are often pretty wrong and pressure systems take different tracks

Be Nice to Skiers, they have it hard enough already

firefly

Date Posted: 12.46hrs on Tue 3 Mar 15
Forecast is for up to 16 degrees in Aberdeenshire this weekend, and well into double digits at Glenshee. If this holds out then it's definitely not looking good for any of the east resorts. Glen Coe and Nevis range have benefitted hugely from the westerly air flows this winter, and the former will be offering skiing well into April, I'm sure.

jonathan

Last Visited: 12:34
7th Sep 2018
Date Posted: 22.53hrs on Tue 3 Mar 15
Don't often post but I'm just back from a couple of days based in Braemar, Sunday was spent at the Lecht, very bright, breezy up top but good fun.
Monday we were at Glenshee, the overnight snow had freshened the pistes up and kept nice all day with the wind blown snow. Spent a lot of time in the Bucharts area which was good all day. Yes Sunnyside wasn't as good but the Cluny and Coire Fionn areas were very good.
Glad we chose this weekend and not next!...couple of pics attached

Attachments: Glenshee March 2nd.jpg (82kB)   Lecht March 1st.jpg (136kB)  
tim1mw

Date Posted: 09.29hrs on Wed 4 Mar 15
This mornings report says "Glas Maol Poma Opening". If only I had time to drive north...

flugeryl

Last Visited: 12:40
11th Mar 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 12.09hrs on Wed 4 Mar 15
GM opening has been on the cards since Friday...so not surprised

Be Nice to Skiers, they have it hard enough already

Pyranha

Last Visited: 16:01
17th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 18.41hrs on Wed 4 Mar 15
Glas Maol opened this afternoon, only for the red at the side of the uptrack.

Another really good day, and I can certainly recommend the Scotch Broth at Cairnwell cafe, the haggis pie and the baked tatties also looked good, but the soup filled me up!

Lots of fresh snow, resulting in good conditions all over. Coire Fionn was entertaining as it was ungroomed. Some bumps from the Snowcross are still in Butcharts.

Usual chat, smiles and music from the staff. Ace.

Current Page:11 of 13
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: