You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
WindyMiller

Last Visited: 17:31
1st Sep 2019
Support Your Local Ski Shop
Date Posted: 16.08hrs on Thu 19 Feb 15
I just had outstanding service today from one of the village ski shops and and with out their help I don't think I would have got the outcome I wanted.

My skis de laminated the other day, a pair of expensive Atomic Nomad Blackeye Ti, one of the award winning all mountain skis. I just started using them for the third season. There was no abuse, crash, external damage but the core separated from the base.
The warranty given by Atomic is two years, just out in my case and a point blank refusal by Atomic to deal with my complaint.

Ellisbrigham had a look and confirmed it appeared to be a manufacturing defect and were amazed at the attitude of Atomic. An email from me to the head office of Atomic got the same reply, no.

EB took up my case, gave me a hire pair to keep me going free of charge. They have just called to say Atomic have reversed the decision and will now replace the skis even though they were under no obligation.

Now that is what I call service. Thanks to David, Rob and Martin at EB for their effort and going the extra mile.

I like a bargain and often use the internet to get the extra couple of pounds off but when it comes to skis, boots and important bits of kit it is definitely worth that extra few pounds to get the support of your local shop. They have the relationship with the suppliers and know the products so when something does go wrong you are not just dealing with the call centre of a corporation.

Knowing the other shops in the village I am sure they would have done the same. The next time you are about to push the "BUY" button think what if it goes wrong.

Graeme
h11lly

Last Visited: 18:38
2nd Sep 2019
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Support Your Local Ski Shop
Date Posted: 16.38hrs on Thu 19 Feb 15
Did you buy the skis from Ellis Brigham in Aviemore Graeme? If not that really is brilliant of them to go the extra mile for you.

Helen
WindyMiller

Last Visited: 17:31
1st Sep 2019
Date Posted: 16.44hrs on Thu 19 Feb 15
I bought them through Ellisbrigham online. I told them that in the shop, but no problem they got on the case.
swavis

Last Visited: 13:46
24th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 14.17hrs on Fri 20 Feb 15
I always buy my boards, boots, bindings and other bits and bobs from my local shop which just happens to be ESP in Elgin. Mike is a top bloke and I wouldn't go anywhere else.
skimoreworkless

Last Visited: 22:01
3rd Jan 2020
Date Posted: 20.29hrs on Fri 20 Feb 15
So refreshing to here in this day and age. That sounds like very good customer service by EB and good from Atomic also.
h11lly

Last Visited: 18:38
2nd Sep 2019
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 20.51hrs on Sun 8 Mar 15
A fantastic edge sharpen by Ellis Brigham today smiling smiley Called in about 11:30 on my way to Cairngorm on the off chance that they might not be too busy and able to do it while I waited. I knew that after the thaw and refreeze that I'd struggle with my edges as they were but EB were the only place that I phoned who said they might be able to do them there and then. I'd have needed to leave them for up to a week at the other places.
They have a really knowledgeable technician, Anthony, who not only did a totally brilliant job but also explained base and side angles and the pros and cons of different ones.I now understand the theory and science behind sharpening !

Was on the snow just after 12:30 and for some reason the see through boiler plate outside the top station wasn't least bit slippy today winking smiley Very confidence boosting smiling smiley

Picked up my ancient Scott Mayas on the way home that have had probably well over 400 days use but are now looking very respectable having had a grind, wax and sharpen and hopefully will be good for future snow patches !

Helen
kevinboyle82

Last Visited: 14:25
6th Jun 2016
Date Posted: 12.53hrs on Mon 9 Mar 15
Was very impressed with the service I received from EB in Braehead when buying my boots. Took over an hour with me in a busy shop, then did some extra work a few weeks later as they were not quite right. You can get cheaper boots online, but their service was amazing.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: