You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
SussexSnow

Last Visited: 06:43
18th Apr 2019
Dynamic pricing of lift tickets
Date Posted: 07.26hrs on Thu 26 Feb 15
US start-up Liftopia selling tix for resorts. 12 per cent comission is hefty. Would it work here? Worth outsourcing this e-commerce functionality here to concentrate on the core activities or the physical centre. Info and marketing has become 'owned' by Winterhighland giving us peeps the best info to make our decisions

[montrealgazette.com]
somnambulant_sasquatch

Last Visited: 12:56
31st Jul 2019
Re: Dynamic pricing of lift tickets
Date Posted: 08.54hrs on Thu 26 Feb 15
pay-as-you-go RFID lift access would be better, fixed price for all lifts.
timstirling

Last Visited: 01:20
12th Sep 2016
Date Posted: 20.36hrs on Fri 27 Feb 15
I have bought most of my tickets online for the last 5-7 years. LAways cheaper online and gives you great flexibility in choosing where to ski and when.

Works best wehen linked to an RFID card so you dont have to turn up to a ticket windo. The Us is a little behind in this regard. In Switzerland one would check the conditons to find best powder prospects while driivng into the alp and buy the ticket over your smartphone. Jump out the car and off you go.

For the resorts they can give discounts for people that buy a long time in advance, ensuring up front profits. Like the airline industry you cn sell flexy tickets with the ability to change dates, and buy cancellation insurance.
Maf

Last Visited: 15:44
3rd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 18.54hrs on Sat 28 Feb 15
Which areas are cheaper to buy on line ? I haven't seen anywhere outside US that sells discount lift tickets on line.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: