You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Gorminator

Last Visited: 15:45
11th Aug 2019
Could Have Been a Serious Fire at Cairngorm
Date Posted: 18.01hrs on Thu 14 May 15
Took a long overdue trip up Cairngorm this afternoon, where there is still a surprising amount of Snow !

First stop, obviously, (for me)was the Ciste Car Park, and the first item of note are the A9 rivaling "sink-holes" in the Car Park which Operations assured me many months ago would be filled in !

On moving further into the Car Park the next...and potentially more significant....thing that caught my eye...as in glared at me.....was a Skip-Load of Debris burning away with no-one in attendance and no way of controlling/extinguishing in view !

My initial thought was to contact the appropriate Emergency Service, but giving the situation more consideration I declined. I was concerned that this call-out would remove the Emergency Service from a Domestic or Motoring one and also expose their Vehicles to potentially expensive damage from the previously mentioned Holes !

Apart from the obvious "WHY" questions CML/NR have to be asked is also the potential for a serious Combustible situation given the Skips proximity to tinder-dry Heathland, many bags of yet to be completely disposed of Board-Walk and the Ciste Base Station building itself !

I know the Company have a Licence to burn...under control.....Wood derived waste, but a multitude of the remnants in the Skip were certainly not of that Origin !

I also know that the Company will be made aware of this post, and will certainly not be happy, but perhaps if they have a long look at themselves, and consider that I am still waiting on acknowledgements/replies to E-mails sent at the start of the Season, and been banned from any other form of Social Networking with them, then it will definitely show them why I have raised this on a Public Website/Forum !
MyPetPowderGoat

Re: Could Have Been a Serious Fire at Cairngorm
Date Posted: 21.13hrs on Thu 14 May 15
It would be pretty funny if Cairngorm caught fire.
WeeSam

Last Visited: 00:53
5th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 16.48hrs on Sat 16 May 15
what an idiotic statement

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 16.48hrs Sat 16 May 15 by WeeSam.
ColinTheCop

Last Visited: 18:44
16th Jul 2019
Date Posted: 19.34hrs on Sat 16 May 15
Bound to be an insurance job....
growwild

Date Posted: 03.36hrs on Sun 17 May 15
A wee ginger rodent informed them of this thread when he wis up asking if they needed someone to watch their skips...
Gorminator

Last Visited: 15:45
11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 17.47hrs on Sun 17 May 15
LIKE !!!
somnambulant_sasquatch

Last Visited: 12:56
31st Jul 2019
Date Posted: 19.16hrs on Sun 17 May 15
growwild Wrote:
A wee ginger rodent informed them of this thread when he wis up asking if they needed someone to watch their skips...
poor danny.
growwild

Date Posted: 23.57hrs on Wed 20 May 15
Wee self hating ginger wido!

teleshred

Last Visited: 13:22
10th Mar 2020
Date Posted: 08.25hrs on Thu 21 May 15
It's a shame that someone who obviously tried his best to do a lot for the local area has been booted out of parliament.

Not that winterhighland is a political tool for nationalists or unionists to impress their views on those of the opposite opinion.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: