You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
David Goldsmith

Last Visited: 08:28
6th Nov 2018
Snowsport Scotland and Ski-Scotland want to boost participation ... via survey
Date Posted: 18.17hrs on Mon 27 Jul 15
The Strathspey and Badenoch Herald is reporting that the governing body and marketing body of Scottish skiing are surveying the Sport to increase activity ...

[www.strathspey-herald.co.uk]

Here's the survey ...

[www.snowsport.scot]
Gorminator

Last Visited: 15:45
11th Aug 2019
Re: Snowsport Scotland and Ski-Scotland want to boost participation ... via survey
Date Posted: 18.40hrs on Mon 27 Jul 15
They want your e-mail address to begin ? I'm sorry...my legs don't have bells on them !!!

Good-bye.

Hipennine

Re: Snowsport Scotland and Ski-Scotland want to boost participation ... via survey
Date Posted: 07.38hrs on Tue 28 Jul 15
Gorminator Wrote:
They want your e-mail address to begin ? I'm sorry...my legs don't have bells on them !!!

Good-bye.

And page 2, they want your postcode !!!!
tim1mw

Date Posted: 09.03hrs on Tue 28 Jul 15
Asking for an email address reduces the chances that you'll get multiple responses from the same people. There are other techniques which can prevent this as well, but email address is simple and fairly effective. I have a "second" email address which I use in situations like this so that I don't have to give out my regular contact details. Furthermore, without an email address there is no way for them to contact you if you win the prize draw.

The full postcode requirement is a bit cheeky. I suspect they want to do a geographical analysis of the data, but the first 3 digits of the postcode are all you really need to achieve this. I've emailed the contact on the first page of the survey to ask if they would consider changing the form so that it allows submissions with just the first 3 digits of the post code, which I'm happy to give.

The bit that gets me is this:

"If the survey is completed before 28/07/2015 at 9am you also enter a prize draw to win: 2 x Stopover Festival Weekend Camping Tickets"

What they don't mention is that the Stopover festival question starts on 31/07/2015, so if you won you would have to be in a position to drop everything at very short notice in order to take advantage of this. So the prize is a bit useless...
carleen

Last Visited: 08:22
4th Aug 2015
Date Posted: 10.14hrs on Tue 28 Jul 15
Thanks very much for sharing this survey, it's hugely appreciated.

As one of the survey organisers, I would just like to address some of the concerns regarding some of the data that is captured. All of your feedback is so important to us, and I want everyone to feel 100% confident that the information you give is secure and will not be passed on to any third parties.

Your email address is used only to notify you if you have won a prize. You can opt in if you would like to know about events in the future by Snowsport Scotland but this is entirely at your discretion. Under absolutely no circumstances will your personal information, email address, survey responses, or otherwise, be given to any third party. You can of course, give a different email address, or make one up, this only means that we could not notify you if you have won a prize.

The postcode is used for geographical analysis of respondents, it is absolutely not used to identify any individual. If you do not wish to give your full postcode, that is absolutely fine. Simply give the first three digits of your postcode, and the second three as 9XX (e.g. FK9 9XX)

Also regarding the Stopover Festival Prize, we appreciate the short notice, but these tickets were very kindly donated by the organisers. We thought it would be nice to give someone the chance to win the tickets to a sold out festival, especially one taking place in the centre of Scottish snowsports. Fortunately the winner of this prize has been trying to buy tickets all week, and was delighted to find out he had won!

Don't forget that there are many other great prizes up for grabs as well.

Sorry for the long post, but I don't want anyone who would like to add their contribution feel like they were unable to for any reason, especially from such active members of the snowsports community such as yourselves. Your insights are hugely important to Snowsport Scotland.

Kind regards
Carleen

Gorminator

11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 22.14hrs on Tue 28 Jul 15
Carleen...I'm afraid you don't know the details of your own survey......an e mail address is required to proceed ?
carleen

4th Aug 2015
Date Posted: 08.23hrs on Wed 29 Jul 15
carleen Wrote:

Your email address is used only to notify you if you have won a prize. You can opt in if you would like to know about events in the future by Snowsport Scotland but this is entirely at your discretion. Under absolutely no circumstances will your personal information, email address, survey responses, or otherwise, be given to any third party.

I am keeping a note of all the feedback I receive, so I will bear your comments in mind for the future.

Thanks very much

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 10.30hrs Wed 29 Jul 15 by carleen.
Snowweasel

Last Visited: 11:14
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 11.50hrs on Thu 30 Jul 15
I've no problem with giving details like my email address or ( part of) my post code.
It's important that Snowsport Scotland get as much data as possible. Without a clear picture of just who is coming,where they are coming from and what they want when they're here, Snowsport Scotland will be making important decisions in the dark.
Gorminator

11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 17.59hrs on Thu 30 Jul 15
So how did it take them so long to get this together ?
sspeirs

Last Visited: 09:59
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 09.36hrs on Fri 31 Jul 15
Gorminator Wrote:
So how did it take them so long to get this together ?

Come on guys, give them a break :-) Let's look forward and see what comes out of this survey, rather than wondering why this hasn't been done before (maybe it has, I've got vague recollections of previous surveys). Usually it's a question of resources - the organizations supporting Scottish Snowsports are very all very small. I am sure there will be some things we all "know", and some insights that will surprise us. when I say "know", I mean that the data will confirm our opinions/beliefs, so I'm sure this will be a very useful exercise *if* enough people can be persuaded to fill in the survey.

This survey has been put out on the Facebook pages of most of the resorts (I've def seen it on Glencoe, Glenshee and maybe even the Lecht). So it's been published reasonably widely, but I wonder if running it in the middle of the summer holiday season will catch as many respondents as it would if run at other times of the year.

The request for geographic data is important, as Snowweasel outlines above, and is a reasonable request IMHO

So rather than moaning about this survey, how about we all share the URL with any skiing colleagues/friends etc and do our bit to helping making the results as meaningful as possible.

I'm hoping that the results - or at least a summary - will be shared as I am sure all of us on this forum will be interested in them
carleen

4th Aug 2015
Date Posted: 16.05hrs on Fri 31 Jul 15
Again, thanks to everyone that has taken the survey so far, and thanks for all your feedback, it's really appreciated.

There will be an overview report available in due course, as we are sure it will be of interest to many of you. It is very important to us to keep everyone with a keen involvement in snowsports as in the loop as possible. If we can maximise the number of responses, the more insightful this report will be, which is why it is important the survey is shared as widely as possible smiling smiley

Carleen

pinhead27

Last Visited: 10:03
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 16.08hrs on Fri 31 Jul 15
sspeirs Wrote:

So rather than moaning about this survey, how about we all share the URL with any skiing colleagues/friends etc and do our bit to helping making the results as meaningful as possible.

Well said!
growwild

Date Posted: 23.20hrs on Fri 31 Jul 15
Hipennine Wrote:

Use my postcode if ya want - SW1A 1AA

Grüße smiling smiley
Gorminator

11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 07.52hrs on Sat 1 Aug 15
So Carleen......are Snowsport Scotland aware of the Disaster that is being allowed to unfold on Speyside called Cairngorm Mountain aka Natural Retreats ?

And if the are aware of it why aren't they doing something about it ?
Hipennine

Date Posted: 08.12hrs on Sat 1 Aug 15
growwild Wrote:
Hipennine Wrote:

Use my postcode if ya want - SW1A 1AA

Grüße

Thanks, your highness.
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: