You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
tim1mw

Google Earth Overlays - New download URL
Date Posted: 12.46hrs on Wed 4 Nov 15
Hi All,

I've done performed some fairly major surgery on my personal website over the past week, which now no longer looks like an early 2000's throwback. This means that the download links for my Scottish Skiing Google Earth overlays have now changed. You'll now find the latest versions of the KMZ files here:

[www.my-place.org.uk]

Enjoy.
jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:29
16th Jan 2021
Re: Google Earth Overlays - New download URL
Date Posted: 13.28hrs on Wed 4 Nov 15
The new funicular dramatically improves the reliability of the access to the sheltered, gentle Ptarmigan bowl at the top of the mountain.

Hum, I think quite a few people would take issue with that statement smiling smiley. Also the first sentence of the bit on queues for Cairngorm makes no sense.
tim1mw

Re: Google Earth Overlays - New download URL
Date Posted: 13.44hrs on Wed 4 Nov 15
jabuzzard Wrote:
The new funicular dramatically improves the reliability of the access to the sheltered, gentle Ptarmigan bowl at the top of the mountain.

Hum, I think quite a few people would take issue with that statement . Also the first sentence of the bit on queues for Cairngorm makes no sense.

Still editing that page, probably shouldn't have published the queues bit without proof reading it.

I think the "dramatically improves" bit was written just after it opened and before the inadequacies had been fully exposed. Time for a further edit.

Edit: It no longer says dramatically. Not sure I agree with what I wrote back then either... I'm trying not to be any more negative than is absolutly necessary, but the CG management don't make that easy.

Edited 4 times. Last edit at 13.58hrs Wed 4 Nov 15 by tim1mw.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: