You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
cmorrison

Last Visited: 10:36
21st Apr 2021
Young children ski lessons
Date Posted: 19.19hrs on Mon 4 Jan 16
Where is best in Aviemore for kids lessons for a 5 year old? Would prefer a group lesson for cost. I reckon he could manage 2 half days.

sspeirs

Last Visited: 09:59
22nd Apr 2021
Re: Young children ski lessons
Date Posted: 11.33hrs on Tue 5 Jan 16
Just this year, the ski school at Cairngorm Mountain has transferred from local not-for-profit company to in-house Natural Retreats run ski school. Prices are now eye watering and per day only - and ~ 2x what you see at other Scottish ski centres - £100 for an adult for 1 day (== 4 hours) tuition. And £75 I think it is for kids

Not sure if there are any other ski schools permitted to run tuition at Cairngorm?

May be a better bet to go to the Lecht?! (or other Scottish snowsports centre)
cmorrison

Last Visited: 10:36
21st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 13.03hrs on Tue 5 Jan 16
Yeah, don't plan on touching the Cairngorm one. There are plenty of others in Aviemore just need to find one that will take 5 year olds.
GlenlivetGuy

Last Visited: 16:49
1st Feb 2017
Date Posted: 14.00hrs on Tue 5 Jan 16
As far as I know there are several schools other the Cairngorm's own offering lessons still - I'd recommend School of Snowsports based at the Hilton on the road up towards Cairngorm (http://www.schoolofsnowsports.co.uk/) - disclaimer: I know some of the staff there fairly well, so am biased winking smiley

I know they do kids lessons but not sure what age they'll take them from.

Other than Cairngorm, I'd also suggest the Lecht once they get some snow.
BMGBoarder

Date Posted: 15.35hrs on Thu 14 Jan 16
I,v just been phoning around and think on the face of it the cairngorm deal looks the best. I called glencoe and nevis and both are £50 for a 2 hour lesson including kit hire and lift pass. Cairngorms is a 4 hour lesson including kit hire and lift pass for £75.
I may be wrong on some off the details, if i,m missing something let me know.
igloo4you

Last Visited: 16:28
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 21.42hrs on Thu 14 Jan 16
Glencoe would be £65 for lift pass, hire and 4 hour lesson. £50 for megadeal then second 2hr session £15.
BMGBoarder

Date Posted: 10.39hrs on Fri 15 Jan 16
igloo4you Wrote:
Glencoe would be £65 for lift pass, hire and 4 hour lesson. £50 for megadeal then second 2hr session £15.

I,ll check that with them when i call too book. They didn,t offer any deals when i last spoke to them. Thanks for the extra info.
StevieMcK

Last Visited: 13:25
29th Apr 2019
Date Posted: 11.44hrs on Fri 15 Jan 16
BMGBoarder Wrote:
igloo4you Wrote:

I,ll check that with them when i call too book. They didn,t offer any deals when i last spoke to them. Thanks for the extra info.

You just heard it straight from the Horse's Mouth! Andy (igloo4you) owns Glencoe and regularly contributes on here.
BMGBoarder

Date Posted: 17.35hrs on Fri 15 Jan 16
StevieMcK Wrote:
BMGBoarder Wrote:
igloo4you Wrote:

You just heard it straight from the Horse's Mouth! Andy (igloo4you) owns Glencoe and regularly contributes on here.

Yep. I know, but he dosent answer the phones in the ski school department. Lol.
igloo4you

Last Visited: 16:28
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 20.00hrs on Fri 15 Jan 16
BMGBoarder, that's not a special deal that's our normal price. Junior megadeal £50. Lesson for a junior £20 but second lesson in the day incurs a £5 discount so total £65. [glencoemountain.co.uk] I'll make sure everyone in ski school knows the correct pricing. Cheers. Andy
BMGBoarder

Date Posted: 10.26hrs on Sat 16 Jan 16
Thanks Andy.
I,m not trying too have a dig at anyone, i was only looking for the correct info.
Thanks for the speedy reply. The other scottish areas could learn a thing or two by taking the glencoe approach to customer services.
Keep up the good work. See you on sunday.
Thanks.
Brian.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: