You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
fyall

Last Visited: 09:59
10th Feb 2016
Priority Queue for Lessons
Date Posted: 14.30hrs on Sun 17 Jan 16
Queues at Glenshee were pretty horrific yesterday but then thats to be expected on the first day.

Still feel Glenshee are missing not having a fast lane lift queue for the kids getting lessons like elsewhere in Europe. The wee ones have a hard enough time with the cold and wind without having to stand in queues when they only have a lesson for 90 mins or so. They are the ones that will keep Glenshee going in the future and I can't see how it will impact queue times by letting them on the lifts as a priority.

Are any of the other Scottish areas giving priority to lessons in queues?

Great snow though and lots of hard work being done up there.
CMartindale

Last Visited: 20:31
25th Jul 2019
Re: Priority Queue for Lessons
Date Posted: 09.38hrs on Mon 18 Jan 16
Not as far as I'm aware I don't think anywhere does it. A lot of folk seem to get very angry at the concept. I for one think that it would be great and help making ski school an easier sell on busy days. It doesn't need to be across the board, just a couple of the key beginner lifts on the busiest weekends and on a filter basis.

Andy

Last Visited: 08:47
2nd May 2019
Date Posted: 11.24hrs on Mon 18 Jan 16
Didn't see any queues for the dink dink on sat - the plastic was also quiet.
fyall

Last Visited: 09:59
10th Feb 2016
Date Posted: 22.05hrs on Mon 18 Jan 16
plastic wasn't running on sat but its too steep for new beginners. Claybokie is ideal as their first slope to progress to. Dink Dink runs continuously so does not get them used to the tows out on the hill properly.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: