You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
lowthertim

Last Visited: 16:47
26th Feb 2016
Update from Lowther Hills Ski Club
Date Posted: 12.06hrs on Sun 21 Feb 16
Lots going on at Lowther Hills Ski Club currently...

On the snow front there was not enough for sliding this weekend, but volunteers have opened the Golf Course nursery slope rope tow for members on 14 days so far this season. Volunteers are also working on the Lowther Hill tow and members will receive further news as we have it. You can watch a video of the tow being tested at:
[www.skiclub.lowtherhills.com]

Thanks to the kind support of many donors we reached another milestone (3k) on our crowdfunder for a pistebasher and produced a video thank you
[www.gofundme.com]

Finally, we have an online store open selling Lowther Hills Ski Club branded items:
[www.lowtherhillsskiclub.bigcartel.com]

Fingers crossed for lots more snow and some kind weather.

Can't seem to add hyperlinks, anyone know how? Probably doing something stupid...

Edited 21 times. Last edit at 10.50hrs Fri 26 Feb 16 by lowthertim.
tim1mw

Re: Update from Lowther Hills Ski Club
Date Posted: 22.44hrs on Thu 25 Feb 16
Great to hear, I had a walk a your hill a week or two back to poke my nose about, since there was no skiing going on. That said, there was a group of 4 people ahead of me on the trail, one with skis who seemed to be having a lot of fun somewhere on the mountain after I lost sight of them. I could still hear them whooping when I was well on my way back down the path.

If you want to post a URL "properly", you need to enclose it in a special tag, see this website for an example: [www.bbcode.org]
lowthertim

Last Visited: 16:47
26th Feb 2016
Re: Update from Lowther Hills Ski Club
Date Posted: 11.10hrs on Fri 26 Feb 16
Yep, we have lots of fun with the snow we do get and there are a couple of areas that can hold snow after a thaw or when the rest of the hill is scoured.

Hopefully once we've installed proper snowfencing and have completed our fundraising for the pistebeasty we'll be able to significantly increase the number of ski days.

You'll have to pop down when we next have an open day and take a proper tour of slopes.

Thanks for the hyperlink help; all now working! I was trying to use html <a href="url">link text</a> with little success...hence the 20 edits to the post!

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: