You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Where are the best bumps and moguls right now?
Date Posted: 11.03hrs on Thu 7 Apr 16
The Spring Run had... but they've fairly been smoothed out with the drifting, though still evident towards skiers right on the lower part.
geeo

Last Visited: 20:04
7th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 21.40hrs on Sat 9 Apr 16
Hi Donald
I did my L2 In Hintertux

There was a couple of midweek bump sessions at Braehead last year and a reasonable effort to make this monthly or every other month but this was being driven externally.

Unfortunately it's not the easiest thing to achieve for various reasons and continuation would be based on demand but the thing never really got going,
maybe it's just too specific for the type of person going to Braehead regularly to make it worth while commercially or maybe it's just not promoted enough so people like yourself who might come along don't even know such a thing happened?, i don't know really but it's a shame as it was good fun.

Also Braehead is perfect for such training as bumps can be made fairly quickly and they hold up well due to it always being -C and hard man made snow, that is the other problem with bumps in Scotland i think, the fluctuating temps mean they don't get much chance to develop before they disappear or are (on rare occasions) groomed away.

It's a bummer you failed on the bumps and i was quite dismissive of the need to practice as i hadn't encountered them on my own course but that's just the way the basi courses can run, i was reminded of another friend who failed L2 bumps in Val D, they resat in Tux and there was no bumps but it's a bad idea to hope there isn't any i was stupid to say otherwise.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 14.35hrs Mon 11 Apr 16 by geeo.
DonaldM

Last Visited: 20:58
10th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 08.19hrs on Mon 11 Apr 16
Thanks.

I think I might do my L2 again, instead of the technical resit, in Hintertux this summer. Did you do your's there in summer?

There are some decent bumps to the side of the Alpha Tow at Aonach Mòr but they are melting fast.

geeo

7th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 08.29hrs on Mon 11 Apr 16
Yes i did it in the summer, there were some tech resits there on 18-04 and 25-07 both have spaces still.
DonaldM

Last Visited: 20:58
10th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 12.13hrs on Mon 11 Apr 16
Is it a good option in the summer or mega boring? I think the re-sit is too much for me right now.
geeo

7th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 13.24hrs on Mon 11 Apr 16
you don't get much skiing in compared to winter, in July it usually closes about 1:30 PM and there is no possibility to free ski at any time because of that, even if it's cold and snowy i don't think they stay open any longer so as to preserve what is there.
Winter piste conditions are much more favourable also.
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: