You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3
luath

Last Visited: 15:30
6th Jul 2016
Re: The A9 - what's the deal
Date Posted: 13.27hrs on Wed 9 Mar 16

bogbiker Wrote:
you then get the other half to get your average back up to 60 or so.

Err, no you don't. I think it's you that has forgotten that regardless of what the cameras can detect, the speed limit is still 60mph.

Like it or lump it, the law is the law and you shouldn't be treating it as a game to see what you can get away with without being caught. And certainly don't criticise people that stick within the law.
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 19.09hrs on Wed 9 Mar 16
And certainly don't criticise people that stick within the law.

If you are driving along with a large queue behind you and carry on regardless then you are not within the law.
Owen

Last Visited: 11:05
12th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 20.07hrs on Wed 9 Mar 16
alan Wrote:
And certainly don't criticise people that stick within the law.

If you are driving along with a large queue behind you and carry on regardless then you are not within the law.

If you are sticking to the speed limit and other people are trying to overtake you, it's them that's breaking the law not you.
Snow-Bunny

Last Visited: 21:03
4th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 23.02hrs on Wed 9 Mar 16
Too many people wont overtake a slower moving vehicle. If traffic (cars etc) are doing close to 60mph then great, however you get vehicles (cars included) travelling along at a lot less than 60mph. You can still legally overtake them doing 60 yet it does not happen and before long you get large convoys. Then at the dualed sections people go mental trying to overtake, then they catch up with next slow moving vehicle and sit behind waiting for next dual carriageway.
I have overtaken the same vehicles a few times between Inverness and Perth. I am not going quickly, if I catch up with slower vehicles and it is safe to overtake I will, only to have them shoot past me later on the dualed sections.
Maybe my version of the highway code is a little blurred over time but are we not supposed to leave room for vehicles to overtake. There are signs along the A9 asking people to allow overtaking.
Rant over as I will be driving back to Somerset again on Friday, all I want is to be able to drive to Perth at 60mph
sspeirs

Last Visited: 09:59
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 23.17hrs on Wed 9 Mar 16
yea never fails to amaze me the people who drive at 40/50mph in a 60 road and then fly at 40mph in a 30 built up zone. Drives me nuts!
growwild

Date Posted: 00.01hrs on Thu 10 Mar 16
Folk buying flash fast cars and driving like pussies is the worst crime in my book regarding motoring, I bet there a few in this thread guilty of being all show and no go!

If nobody broke any laws there would be no need for police Scotland, hitler would turn in his grave if they were disbanded...

alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 02.19hrs on Thu 10 Mar 16
Owen Wrote:
If you are sticking to the speed limit and other people are trying to overtake you, it's them that's breaking the law not you.

The National Speed Limit isn't a single figure and depends on vehicle class. So you can be obeying the speed limit while preventing others from making legal and safe progress.

Northern Constabulary used to pull vehicles over on the A82 for leading lengthy queues and not pulling off to let other vehicles past, sadly haven't seen this since Police Scotland came into being.
ColinTheCop

Last Visited: 18:44
16th Jul 2019
Date Posted: 17.12hrs on Sun 13 Mar 16
SnowmanDave Wrote:
& the fact that the Police get the money directly raised by speeding fines they decide how little "tolerance" to give,

Although that isn't actually true -

Fines administered by the Scottish Court Service are initially paid at
Sheriff and Justice of the Peace courts. They are paid into a central
fines bank account administered by the Scottish Court Service's finance
department. The majority of the fines monies are then remitted to the
UK Consolidated Fund, administered by HM Treasury.

The Scottish Court Service retains 10% of road traffic fixed penalties,
which include speeding fines issued both via speeding cameras and other
means. The remaining 90% is remitted to the UK Consolidated Fund.

chrisski

Date Posted: 11.19hrs on Tue 15 Mar 16
Biff Wrote:
Davie_Mac Wrote:
Biff Wrote:

I rest my case ! And WTF is a Scooby ? Is this a pet name for your car ? How cute.

"WTF is a Scooby Pet name for the car? How cute" Nope, but are you for real? You should at least know what you are talking about before making a comment that makes you look like a bit of a nugget. I suspect you own a Kia or something else as miserable to drive if you do drive at all.

Check here mate for a Scooby and how it should be driven

When Scotland gets it's independence we should have the same rules on the road as the Isle of Man....Strict 30mph in towns and villages and as fast as you dare anywhere else.

wow you have a scooby whoopy frickin do! guess it makes up for your small d!ck! your probably 15 yrs old and dream of having one then will wrap one round a tree on your first drive in one

For the A9 if you have snow the night before cover your registration plates in snow and let it set rock hard...drive as fast as you want then. Done this with shaving foam and this works too on a hard frosty night

Biff

Date Posted: 12.49hrs on Tue 15 Mar 16
chrisski Wrote:
Biff Wrote:
Davie_Mac Wrote:
Biff Wrote:

wow you have a scooby whoopy frickin do! guess it makes up for your small d!ck! your probably 15 yrs old and dream of having one then will wrap one round a tree on your first drive in one

Chrisski - Small dick (Think your inferiority complex has revealed itself)
15 years old - Been driving more than that

I am more than happy to show my car to you - Name the place and time or are you just a chicken shit wee bastard hiding behind your keyboard. Name the place and see if you are all dick and no baws?
Gorminator

Last Visited: 15:45
11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 17.21hrs on Tue 15 Mar 16
The above Post was from Biff...aged three, who is currently waiting to get the Nappy covering his as yet undisclosed Genetalia type changed, because it is limiting "it" toddling round "it's"! Mother's Sitting Room and annoying the Family Pet Meerkat called "Douby"
growwild

Date Posted: 18.22hrs on Tue 15 Mar 16
Online road rage smiling smiley

Chrisski should turn up tae the meet in a love bug [www.youtube.com] and settle it once and for all, adios sti, adios loca...

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18.23hrs Tue 15 Mar 16 by growwild.
ColinTheCop

Last Visited: 18:44
16th Jul 2019
Date Posted: 18.40hrs on Tue 15 Mar 16
Just don't meet in Cairngorm car park - you'd never find each other amongst the queues.
chrisski

Date Posted: 13.32hrs on Wed 16 Mar 16
Biff Wrote:
chrisski Wrote:
Biff Wrote:
Davie_Mac Wrote:
Biff Wrote:

Chrisski - Small dick (Think your inferiority complex has revealed itself)
15 years old - Been driving more than that

I am more than happy to show my car to you - Name the place and time or are you just a chicken shit wee bastard hiding behind your keyboard. Name the place and see if you are all dick and no baws?

i need so more on the matter. lol
Goto Page:  Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: