You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:02
16th Apr 2021
Re: New Glencoe Chairlift grinning smiley
Date Posted: 10.29hrs on Thu 25 Aug 16
cumbrianskihead Wrote:
A multi storey car park? Nah. Don't think it would ever get planning permision unless it was cladded in wood and stone with native plants adorning it.

Actually the right sort of multi storey car park would eliminate much of the criticism of the ski areas and massively reduce the visual impact. They would admittedly be expensive to install however.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Basically automatic underground car parks. Drive up, get out and your car is whisked away for safe secure underground parking. I guess the main issue apart from the installation cost is dealing with arrivals. That is when I arrive at the ski centre it takes me some minutes to put my ski boots on and get everything out the car, which would be an issue for these systems on busy days.
jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:02
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 12.06hrs on Thu 25 Aug 16
cumbrianskihead Wrote:

I found another intresting chairlift design the other day. Theres only 3 of them in the world and all are used in areas where there are high winds and a need for limited uplift (could be used on demand). Fixed-grip-pulsed chairlift (CLFP-4)

More information on pulse lifts at lift blog

[liftblog.com]

cumbrianskihead

Last Visited: 15:14
12th Feb 2017
Date Posted: 07.20hrs on Sat 27 Aug 16
Grief - that car park would cost a fair bit. Plus side of any underground car park is not just the visual impact - no hot cars in summer and no snow clearing in winter. Also safer if a car should happen to skid in a car park and hit skiers putting on their boots by their car.
cmorrison

Last Visited: 10:36
21st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 13.20hrs on Mon 5 Sep 16
I think the sarcasm in my multi-story post was possibly missed by some!
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: