unless forecasts are wrong it will be Feb until GS will have enough snow to open, the temp rollercoaster with rain wiping out any accumulations looks likely...but if forecast snow can be wrong surely forecast rain can be wrong too
NB this time last year the resort had snow but not enough to open
Big question - will there be enough for the SkiMo at the end of the month.
I am holding back from entering until it looks ok. All respect to those keen guys who did the Lecht, as I expect to come last I am not that keen if the skiing is sh-1-t
Did a quick touring run around Butcharts today, camera battery dead so nae pics. Ultimately, not really enough snow for paying guests yet, however, still snowing in Braemar tonight and it's not that far away from being online up the hill. The Facebook posting shows about the worst bit, right on the Butcharts ridge/tow end, where the wind exposure is the worst. I think they could have done more BUT, it's maybe only tomorrow before the hairdryer is back anyway.... which might be the logic in play.
Out hillwalking today. Monega Horseshoe from Glen Isla. Popped down to top of Maol poma to get a pic. At least the Corrie Fhionn run and uptrack currently has a surviving Base. All snow patches today rock hard.
Edited 1 times. Last edit at 13.50hrs Mon 23 Jan 17 by veletron.