You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Snowweasel

Last Visited: 11:14
16th Apr 2021
I'm still waiting ....
Date Posted: 09.07hrs on Mon 20 Mar 17
I'm naturally optimistic, but even I am beginning to wonder if it is just not going to happen. I've managed at least one good weekend's skiing in Scotland every year since 2008, (when I was working in the USA so unable to make the trip!)
This year, I've had a week in the Alps, and would normally expect to have had at least one 800 mile round trip to Scotland, but conditions have never been right or even promising.Someone please tell me it is not too late!
By the way, Windy, I love your reports, please keep them coming.
ESD1711

Last Visited: 06:17
13th Feb 2019
Re: I'm still waiting ....
Date Posted: 13.04hrs on Mon 20 Mar 17
Suppose it depends on what exactly it is you're waiting for.

I dare say someone will be along to tell you that there's some sliding to be had if you go looking for it.

But if you're waiting on a 'ski where you want using whatever lift you want cos they will all be open' kinda day - I cant see it happening.

I've given up on this year already, having got one day at Glenshee in with only the roadside runs open.

Total disaster of a year, regardless of what claims to the contrary folk on here might start trying to make.
Snowweasel

Last Visited: 11:14
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 15.30hrs on Mon 20 Mar 17
I remember skiing on Cairngorm in glorious conditions on 22nd April in 2006, so I know its not all lost yet, but ..........
jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:02
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 17.09hrs on Tue 21 Mar 17
Bah humbug, stop moaning, snow is for wimps.

[www.youtube.com]
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: