You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12345
Current Page:5 of 5
Hipennine

Re: CairnGorm - Dryslope plans called in by CNPA
Date Posted: 07.48hrs on Wed 10 Oct 18
jabuzzard Wrote:
Of course just because you have got planning permission to do something does not mean that it actually goes ahead. Given the nothing short of catastrophic problems at Cairngorm at the moment with the funicular there is a strong chance that this won't go ahead even if granted permission.

Personally if I where NR I would be having my lawyers go through any agreements with HIE for any loop holes that would let me walk away without any penalty as a matter of top priority.

Or, persuade HIE to drop me a load of dosh to compensate for the loss of revenue caused by the engineering failure of HIE's funicular.

alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 09.36hrs on Wed 10 Oct 18
jabuzzard Wrote:

Personally if I where NR I would be having my lawyers go through any agreements with HIE for any loop holes that would let me walk away without any penalty as a matter of top priority.

Natural Retreats are going nowhere - not willingly at least. When you look at the group accounts I can't see how Natural Assets Investments Limited can keep trading without CML.

HIE at the highest levels needs to be put in front of MSPs at a Holyrood Committee to explain their actions over many years with regards to CairnGorm.

alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 11.38hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
CNPA planning committee has rejected the Windy Ridge dry slope application.

somnambulant_sasquatch

Last Visited: 12:56
31st Jul 2019
Date Posted: 12.15hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
alan Wrote:
a grand victory for commonsense.

TroutWrestler

Last Visited: 18:01
16th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 13.57hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
Good. What was the reasoning?

jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:02
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 14.52hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
Any news on the expansion of the cake shop?

01cookjk

Last Visited: 09:09
6th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 15.27hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
alan Wrote:

Halleigh-bloody-luah. At last. A break in the bad news! Take that NR, you idiots!

01cookjk

Last Visited: 09:09
6th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 15.27hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
alan Wrote:

Halleigh-blody-luah. At last. A break in the bad news! Take that NR, you idiots!

growwild

Date Posted: 16.00hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
Logic won or the brown envelope wasn't fat enough. Sad days though, I had plans for that canvas.

SnowmanDave

Last Visited: 12:36
3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 18.30hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18

I bet now that NR has lost this & thus "they can't fulfil the contract to improve the customer base" & with the cost of repairing the funicular due to bad design (not their problem they will say)….I recon NR will want out ASAP..

Then HIE will find that CGML has nothing as NR has assets stripped & mortgaged everything they possibly could...

---That was not a fall, I intended to do that!---

Gorminator

Last Visited: 15:45
11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 18.49hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
SNOW-MAN DAVE

HIE must know that already....they appointed NR and stood by as the situation was created !!

SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 19.04hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
Gorminator Wrote:
SNOW-MAN DAVE

HIE must know that already....they appointed NR and stood by as the situation was created !!

I know...which is why the next move from HIE or NR will be very interesting...

Personally I wish the Scot Gov had broken up the enterprise bodies a few years back when they had the chance (as someone else mentioned on here)...biggest load of con merchants out...

SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 19.44hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
Also of note are some of the people who supported the plans as stated here:-

[www.bbc.co.uk]

"The plans were rejected, despite national park officials recommending approval"

"Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE), which had backed the plans, said it remained committed "to enhance Cairngorm and drive more sustainable tourism to the Badenoch and Strathspey area".

So that's CNPA & HIE who think the plans were a wonderful idea....bunch of idiots..

Gorminator

Last Visited: 15:45
11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 19.44hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
The money HIE have spent on Cairngorm is Relatively minimal in the great scheme......However when you equate it against Jobs created it is....to me....a major imbalance !! A closer example...... to me.....of pounds per Job is Inverness Medical....millions poured in there.......Norbord.....nearly 100 million recently!! A bit more distant...Kishorn...not for jobs...just the aren't we great factor ! And a massive wodge is being spent at Kyleakin........The whole organisation needs to be the subject of a far reaching Public Enquiry !!! That won't happen though....BECAUSE.....It would put too many Politicians....current and past.....in an uncomfortable Spotlight.....and would also bring a similar Spotlight on HIE employees...again current and past !!

After all ...it's our money they spend !!!!

SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 19.54hrs on Fri 12 Oct 18
Gorminator Wrote:
The money HIE have spent on Cairngorm is Relatively minimal in the great scheme......However when you equate it against Jobs created it is....to me....a major imbalance !! A closer example...... to me.....of pounds per Job is Inverness Medical....millions poured in there.......Norbord.....nearly 100 million recently!! A bit more distant...Kishorn...not for jobs...just the aren't we great factor ! And a massive wodge is being spent at Kyleakin........The whole organisation needs to be the subject of a far reaching Public Enquiry !!! That won't happen though....BECAUSE.....It would put too many Politicians....current and past.....in an uncomfortable Spotlight.....and would also bring a similar Spotlight on HIE employees...again current and past !!

After all ...it's our money they spend !!!!

Couldn't agree more....
"
I know of a website company (selling goods) who got £55K for "new computers" from them/I&NE..nope..new merc & holidays for the owner is what I could figure out from the people who worked there...

Goto Page:  Previous12345
Current Page:5 of 5
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: