You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
h1ghlander

Flights to the Alps
Date Posted: 22.01hrs on Wed 31 May 17
I know it's not about skiing in Scotland but as many of us also jet off to the Alps during the winter it's probably a relevant topic.

We have been blessed in recent years with Inverness flights to Geneva via Flybe and last season the wonderful, very cheap Easyjet Saturday service. I have been looking on both airlines and they don't seem to be doing anything for the 17/18 season yet.

There is Easyjet from Aberdeen or Edinburgh to Geneva and that is looking like the best option at the moment. We can get also get to Geneva on KLM with stopover in the Dam but once you add ski bag and a hold bag for 4 flights it gets pretty pricey. Easyjet through Gatwick is the same unfortunately and BA prices start at double KLM so not worth looking at.

Has anyone heard anything about any direct Geneva flights in the pipeline?
eric

Last Visited: 18:40
6th Mar 2021
Re: Flights to the Alps
Date Posted: 09.47hrs on Thu 1 Jun 17
I don't know about the Inverness flights to Geneva, but the Easyjet ones from Edinburgh have been up on the web for some time now. We usually catch the first one out and the last one back, using the train and local buses to get to the resort. So far anyway it has been reasonably cheap and hassle-free. Switzerland is especially good for flight+train+bus since everything links in so well.
awrightski

Last Visited: 10:02
2nd Dec 2020
Date Posted: 11.40hrs on Thu 1 Jun 17
Could just be that Easyjet have not released the flights yet.
h1ghlander

Date Posted: 11.55hrs on Thu 1 Jun 17
Does anyone know when they released them last year? I booked Edinburgh flights last year and at the time I was sure there were no Inverness flights. It then cost me £15 per flight to change them.
DonaldM

Last Visited: 20:58
10th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 13.45hrs on Thu 1 Jun 17
It looks like they currently don't intend to fly direct to GVA from INV. I base this purely on their website.
facelikeanrss

Last Visited: 09:18
11th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 13.15hrs on Mon 5 Jun 17
Announced at the end of June last year.

[www.bbc.co.uk]
h1ghlander

Date Posted: 20.12hrs on Mon 5 Jun 17
facelikeanrss Wrote:
Announced at the end of June last year.