You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous123456789
Current Page:9 of 9
carsey

Last Visited: 17:11
22nd Apr 2021
Re: CairnGorm Webcams
Date Posted: 21.44hrs on Fri 8 Dec 17
more so...I guess if it has become a criminal investigation via reporting to the police, then not the best of places to be throwing information that might affect the case round on the internets.

telemarker

Last Visited: 14:59
12th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 07.44hrs on Sat 9 Dec 17
Ok, that makes sense

carsey

Last Visited: 17:11
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 12.16hrs on Tue 12 Dec 17
New camera they installed is running. Seen the thumbnail and thought could be a half decent full sized image. I was wrong....just as bad as the others, but I guess this one isnt stuck in a whiteout.

bogbiker

Last Visited: 17:33
9th Apr 2019
Date Posted: 13.20hrs on Tue 12 Dec 17
I really miss the WH cams. They were so much better than the blurry, often snow covered or foggy images from the CG cameras

2planks

Last Visited: 13:46
21st Dec 2017
Date Posted: 13.28hrs on Tue 12 Dec 17
Only problem is - it's not the White Lady!

chrisski

Date Posted: 10.14hrs on Wed 13 Dec 17
tim1mw Wrote:
telemarker: I suspect the silence is deliberate. From what's been posted, it would seem that CML have taken the equipment and presumably still have it in there possession. Regardless of the legality, I suspect that Alan doesn't want to say anything that would make it any more difficult than is necessary to have the equipment returned nor does he want to cause the Scottish Ski Club a problem with there own relationship with CML.

would be easy to put a statement out to state that winterhighland is working on it and will update when the situation has been resolved or wont be or that things are happening

alan

Last Visited: 22:28
10th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 10.29hrs on Wed 13 Dec 17
chrisski Wrote:

would be easy to put a statement out to state that winterhighland is working on it and will update when the situation has been resolved or wont be or that things are happening

We're not working on it quite simply because there can be no resolution because CML won't back down and HIE are standing behind them on this. We have made the offer to restore the camera service asap if CML return our equipment to the hut, it has been ignored.

Meanwhile it is now almost 3 weeks without any webcam service from the SSC hut because of a fit of pique. Or is there more to it than that? Why would CML be bullying the SSC and creating such bad publicity for themselves - designs on the clubs hut?

alan

Last Visited: 22:28
10th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 10.50hrs on Wed 13 Dec 17
I'll add that we just remade the offer to restore the cams by the end of the week and to provide images to CML (this has been offered on several previous occasions before and after Natural Retreats taking ownership of CML) - this time direct to the senior directors of Natural Retreats.

swavis

Last Visited: 13:46
24th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 14.16hrs on Wed 13 Dec 17
I'm struggling to understand why they can't at least be prosecuted for theft as the items removed belonged to someone else. That's a pretty clear definition of theft is it not?

Jim61

Last Visited: 14:38
26th Sep 2023
Date Posted: 23.14hrs on Wed 13 Dec 17
"there can be no resolution because CML won't back down"

Does not matter one iota whether they won't back down - did they remove the webcam unlawfully or not, It is a simple question. CML/NR are not above the law. Raise a complaint with the Police (if not already done so). Let the Police decide whether there are sufficient grounds to take the case to the Fiscal. Somethings not quite right here, somebody is not disclosing the full story.

ML

Date Posted: 07.50hrs on Thu 14 Dec 17
I think they leave the police option to the last resort.
SSC/WH both want a healthy relationship with CGM,going to the police doens't help that in the long term.
It's really something you don't want to do as neither one would benefit from it.
I believe alan and WH/SSC have the hope that CGM comes to terms, admit that they played it badly with the removal. In the end this hopefully leads to a joined statement with the webcam going back up and the relationships (kind of) restored.

Let's see if they (and mainly CGM) can resolve this as grown-ups, before shouting 'lock her up'.

jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:02
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 13.20hrs on Thu 14 Dec 17
swavis Wrote:
I'm struggling to understand why they can't at least be prosecuted for theft as the items removed belonged to someone else. That's a pretty clear definition of theft is it not?

It is not a clear legal definition of theft.

A legal definition of theft requires "the intention to permanently deprive"

As such if CGM/NR have simply removed the camera and weather station and they are now waiting to be collected from desk in the ticket hall, then WH have not been permanently deprived of their goods and it is not theft. It might be some other offence but it is not theft of the equipment.

This is the reason joy riders are charged with "taking without the owners consent" rather than theft. In fact until that offence was introduced they had to try and prosecute then with theft of petrol.

So the question of whether it is theft or not comes down to whether WH has access to their kit and that is a fact that is not in the public domain at this point in time.

The moral of the story is the law is not obvious. I am not lawyer, but my siblings where, with one now being a part time judge among other things. As such you pick this weird legal stuff up.

RyanM

Date Posted: 16.43hrs on Mon 8 Jan 18
Well its looks like people have finally taken their threats and made good, i have never seen the gorm so quiet on a holiday sunday with top to bottom and loads of powder......

It looks like every other resort in scotland had a much bigger share of the market

Goto Page:  Previous123456789
Current Page:9 of 9
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: