You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous123456789Next
Current Page:3 of 9
Doug_Bryce

Re: CairnGorm Webcams
Date Posted: 16.42hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
Quote:
This is what needs to be clarified, who paid for the building, & who owns the land?

White Lady hut was built by the Scottish Ski Club circa 1978.
It is owned, maintained and operated by club members.

The land *likely* leased from HIE / Cairngorm estate who presently own the ski area land. A clear misuse of power by Natural Retreats to bully both Winterhighland and the Scottish Ski Club.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 16.43hrs Mon 27 Nov 17 by Doug_Bryce.

SnowmanDave

Last Visited: 12:36
3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 17.02hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
Doug_Bryce Wrote:
White Lady hut was built by the Scottish Ski Club circa 1978.
It is owned, maintained and operated by club members.

The land *likely* leased from HIE / Cairngorm estate who presently own the ski area land. .

Thanks for 100% clearing that up..

Not a "Leasehold" situation or ground rent situation..strange one.., you own the building but not the land it sits on...

Makes their entry (even if having keys as a "keyholder say") & intentional & wilful damage, interference with the cameras & weather station all the more criminal.

Like I say I think they want to be forced out, they have asset stripped CGM ltd for all its worth & by being forced out they get paid due to "losses"...I wonder what the exact terms of the HIE deal is...

---That was not a fall, I intended to do that!---

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 17.07hrs Mon 27 Nov 17 by SnowmanDave.

HTH

Last Visited: 11:13
20th Feb 2018
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 17.07hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17

Surely NR are themselves tenants at some level of the chain. It may be a complex chain.

But I’m certain their access is questionable and making a false statement about interior/exterior access to the webcams is worth pursuing.

But do report to Police. Because they have maliciously interrupted your service. It is a crude sort of cyber crime.

Jim61

Last Visited: 14:38
26th Sep 2023
Date Posted: 18.44hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
Interesting response via Twitter and Facebook from CML/NR

CairnGorm Mountain Ltd
8 hrs ·
We understand the concern that has been expressed about the removal of the Winter Highland webcam from the exterior of the Scottish Ski Club hut at CairnGorm Mountain. We would like to highlight that we had discussions with the Scottish Ski Club before its removal, and sought to consult with Winter Highland also. This particular webcam did not link in with the rest of the live camera feeds at CairnGorm Mountain. We fully recognise that the webcams are consulted frequently by snowsports enthusiasts to help plan their trips to CairnGorm Mountain, as they provide live updates of conditions at the resort. Our aim now will be to replace the webcam within the next week with a new one that feeds in to the rest of our systems, so that we can provide a live, accurate picture of conditions at all times on the Mountain. The relaunch of our CairnGorm Mountain App in anticipation of the winter season, will then give users full visibility of the main runs on the mountain in one easy to access location. In addition to the app, all live feeds from our webcams can be viewed at [www.cairngormmountain.org].

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18.48hrs Mon 27 Nov 17 by Jim61.

Attachments: Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 18.43.53.png (110kB)  
some frustrated skier

Last Visited: 21:55
16th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 18.52hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
Losing the plot, sack the board!! & HIE

SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 18.56hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
Jim61 Wrote:
Interesting response via Twitter and Facebook from CML/NR

CairnGorm Mountain Ltd
8 hrs ·
We understand the concern that has been expressed about the removal of the Winter Highland webcam from the exterior of the Scottish Ski Club hut at CairnGorm Mountain. We would like to highlight that we had discussions with the Scottish Ski Club before its removal, and sought to consult with Winter Highland also. This particular webcam did not link in with the rest of the live camera feeds at CairnGorm Mountain. We fully recognise that the webcams are consulted frequently by snowsports enthusiasts to help plan their trips to CairnGorm Mountain, as they provide live updates of conditions at the resort. Our aim now will be to replace the webcam within the next week with a new one that feeds in to the rest of our systems, so that we can provide a live, accurate picture of conditions at all times on the Mountain. The relaunch of our CairnGorm Mountain App in anticipation of the winter season, will then give users full visibility of the main runs on the mountain in one easy to access location. In addition to the app, all live feeds from our webcams can be viewed at .

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18.48hrs Mon 27 Nov 17 by Jim61.

Covered a few posts/page back....total lies by NR..

The cameras were inside the building & looked out through the windows...so NO "External" camera..

Also the whole point of these camera is they are NOT part of NR system, & have never been part of CGM ltd systems either...they are the SSC cameras inside the SSC building...used for their website & winterhighland website...neither of which NR own.

Like I said in my early posts NR want total control & all web traffic & IP addresses ...main reason can also be for money making advertising due to more website hits...can't have someone else showing the same or similar stuff taking away moneymaking website hits...

Beastie

Last Visited: 09:19
17th May 2020
Date Posted: 19.11hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
Lot of shite, no chance of me visiting while this shower are in charge.

mtq1000

Last Visited: 18:19
15th Apr 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 19.23hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
Nope I’ve been boycotting for a few years now and it will continue. I thought they had started to turn a corner with the snow factory after the Ciste debacle but clearly not. Oh well more money for NR, Coe and Shee from me.

h1ghlander

Date Posted: 20.00hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
There may be more to this folks. Look at the ridge in Alan's picture.

What's in the distance? Fiaciall Ridge Poma next for the chop....

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20.01hrs Mon 27 Nov 17 by h1ghlander.

ropetow

Last Visited: 09:08
13th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 20.10hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
Extract from the 2016 SSC AGM minutes:-

We have worked closely with Cairngorm Mountain to re-negotiated our lease for the
Cairngorm Hut.

As landlord - CGM would likely have the power to enter into the building.

SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 20.19hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
ropetow Wrote:
Extract from the 2016 SSC AGM minutes:-

We have worked closely with Cairngorm Mountain to re-negotiated our lease for the
Cairngorm Hut.

As landlord - CGM would likely have the power to enter into the building.

NOPE...

Only in an emergency....I have covered all variations on this section as I was a Landlord..you have to give about 14days notice unless provable emergency...& then you have no right to damage, remove or interfere with the possessions of the tenant unless you can prove it is causing said damage (the reason for quick entry)...so good luck with that as historical precedent those cameras have operated with out hindrance with everybody's knowledge since about 2005....

apparently SSC paid for & own the building ...just they lease the land it sits on...

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 20.20hrs Mon 27 Nov 17 by SnowmanDave.

ralphtruman

Last Visited: 21:23
27th Nov 2017
Date Posted: 20.25hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17

so ropetow has info to say SSC lease the hut,

but Dougie says:

"It is owned, maintained and operated by club members."

I think someone knows they are making it up.....

but who?

how exciting.

Doug_Bryce

Date Posted: 20.45hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
ralphtruman Wrote:
but Dougie says:
but who?
how exciting.

@ralphtruman - you made a new account just to post on this thread ?

The White Lady hut is owned by Scottish Ski Club on land which Natural Retreats lease from Cairngorm Estate (currently in ownership of HIE).

[www.haggistrap.co.uk]

ralphtruman

Last Visited: 21:23
27th Nov 2017
Date Posted: 20.52hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
hi Doug,

as an occasional user of Cairngorm I've come on to keep myself better informed of current developments.

so far not particularly helpful with some contradiction between posters!

ropetow

Last Visited: 09:08
13th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 21.17hrs on Mon 27 Nov 17
ralphtruman Wrote:

but Dougie says:

but who?

how exciting.

Nope - what i quoted was an extract from the SSC. There would appear to be some sort of lease in place between SSC and CML - it didnt say it was for the hut.

Standard Ts and Cs for lease contracts usually contain a clause that allows the landlord to 'inspect' the property - but the details of exactly how that happens is dependant on the conditions of the lease.

With regards to removing property - i dont think the webcams etc were the property of the tenants - SSC. I dont know what the SSC agreed with CML with regards to access and whether the equipment was retained by CML or given back to SSC and/or Winterhighland. Alan would be the person to shed any light on this.

I also dont know what the agreement was between SSC and Winterhighland with regards to the webcams either. All this has a bearing on the actions of CML.

As a solicitor once told me - the only person who can decide on the legality of something is a judge in a court of law.

Goto Page:  Previous123456789Next
Current Page:3 of 9
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: