You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
rickmanchester

Last Visited: 09:38
3rd Feb 2019
Tomorrow Glencoe V Glenshee
Date Posted: 19.17hrs on Thu 18 Jan 18
There is a group of 4 from Manchester coming up to Scotland to ski tomorrow for the day. Where would be best given current conditions, weather and access to open terrain? Setting off at 4.30am so any help would be appreciated.
rampant

Last Visited: 21:30
30th Apr 2018
Re: Tomorrow Glencoe V Glenshee
Date Posted: 19.47hrs on Thu 18 Jan 18
Same dilema here though much closer than you guys, Coe visability wasnt too good today but reckon they have better snow, will check the "public reports" on here later to see what others are saying. Glenshee extra 70-90 minutes drive for me so prefer Coe though nowt worse than a slide with no sense of direction. If I see anything will update this thread.
rickmanchester

Last Visited: 09:38
3rd Feb 2019
Date Posted: 20.27hrs on Thu 18 Jan 18
Both are a 5 hour drive and 287/294 miles so nothing in it. Just want a good days skiing so will wait for some reports from today then assess en route tomorrow
glenogle

Last Visited: 23:25
1st Jun 2018
Date Posted: 20.40hrs on Thu 18 Jan 18
If you want better snow Glencoe. If you want better visibility glenshee. Glencoe will have frequent snow showers most of day, daresay merging into longer spells at times. Lighter /fewer showers at glenshee
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 20.43hrs on Thu 18 Jan 18
West has had far more snow than Glenshee (or the Lecht) but overhead is likely to have more brighter spells in the East. CairnGorm maybe the best balance of snow / visibility on Friday as it literally sits in the middle. West Wall Poma and Fiacaill Ridge Poma are both down to make their season debut tomorrow.

For Saturday given the forecast I'd def be saying West is Best, with Glencoe able to offer 2400ft of lifted vertical.
Glasgowskiier26

Last Visited: 14:39
12th Mar 2020
Date Posted: 21.12hrs on Thu 18 Jan 18
What’s the weather looking like for next week? Seen rain was forecast at Glencoe but will it do much damage?
rampant

30th Apr 2018
Date Posted: 21.56hrs on Thu 18 Jan 18
Reckon will be the Coe for us, with the 2400ft vertical some parts should be visable or near fences for some definition.
Cheers for the posts Alan and Glenogle.
ESD1711

Last Visited: 06:17
13th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 07.54hrs on Fri 19 Jan 18
If it were me i'd probably be swaying towards Coe at the moment.

Sadly, its not me and i'm still stuck in the central belt waiting on my first slides of the year sad smiley
awrightski

Last Visited: 10:02
2nd Dec 2020
Date Posted: 09.15hrs on Fri 19 Jan 18
given how busy it will be i'd set off a lot earlier than 4:30 from Manc. i drive up from their too and usually aim for 3:45am, car park will be absolutely rammed tomorrow. just a thought.
veletron

Last Visited: 14:46
1st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 12.15hrs on Fri 19 Jan 18
Same dilemma Would prefer Glenshee - but its only half open and looks pretty wind-scoured. Glencoe has far far more snow, but I reckon it will be utterly mobbed on Saturday especially given that Sundays forecast ain't anywhere near as good.

Been snowing most of the day so far here in Stirling, but I don't think much new snow made it out to Glenshee.

Wildcard is Nevis Range (again), likely quieter on a full-price day, and less folks likely to drive past Glencoe.

Nigel
Ad_Hynkel

Last Visited: 12:28
12th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 14.54hrs on Fri 19 Jan 18
From the webcam view Glenshee is looking better than a few days ago and much better visibility today than the Coe. Looks like Glenshee was a good choice for those without the Jedi skills. Tomorrow there is only 1 choice, regardless of how mobbed it's going to be... might have to be laps of the access runs all day if it's too stupid to get up top.
awrightski

Last Visited: 10:02
2nd Dec 2020
Date Posted: 15.14hrs on Fri 19 Jan 18
100% coe tomorrow, no debate. just get there before daylight. they're saying on facebook that the snow piles have made the carpark smaller than usual and its covered in snow. Hopefully they'll have a decent number of attendants out herding the idiots.

i look forward to hearing about the blocked A82 and access road tomorrow afternoon but otherwise extremely jealous i can't be there.
veletron

Last Visited: 14:46
1st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 16.57hrs on Fri 19 Jan 18
I am gonna take one for the team, and head to Glenshee - I reckon the shee needs my dosh more, and I'll go tour over the back once I get bored with whats on offer, or the queues get stupid. I've also got a corbett to bag out that way on Sunday b4 the weather turns to muck!

Nigel
Skicadets

Last Visited: 11:07
8th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 17.11hrs on Fri 19 Jan 18
veletron Wrote:
I am gonna take one for the team, and head to Glenshee - I reckon the shee needs my dosh more, and I'll go tour over the back once I get bored with whats on offer, or the queues get stupid. I've also got a corbett to bag out that way on Sunday b4 the weather turns to muck!

Nigel

Will also be up expecting it to be busy
rampant

30th Apr 2018
Date Posted: 19.36hrs on Fri 19 Jan 18
Just back an hour ago from the COE, didnt get up till near lunchtime as had to drop the wife/kids off in the morn.
Heard there was hour odd wait earlier in the morn to get up the access road (person I spoke to said some folk headed up to Nevis due to this) and the carpark was fairly busy a when I arrived, had to park up near the snowfactory.

Snow conditions were pretty good though the cliffy was off in the wind (wall t-bar served uplift to mid mountain), so ended up on the access run most of the afternoon but was decent on both sides plenty snow ventured up the hill but only on the plateau and new tow for a few goes ended up back on the access reckon tomorrow will be lot better visability wise as today was difficult when snowing but epic when the blue skies broke through few times.

Think worth getting there early as will be jumping plus some more freshies as was coming down hard as we left for the day.

Cheers and enjoy tomorrow.
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: