You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Pete_B

Last Visited: 16:24
11th Aug 2019
Recommended ski or snowboard school Cairngorm
Date Posted: 16.47hrs on Sat 10 Mar 18
I'm thinking of bringing the family up to Aviemore for easter. Although both a skier and snowboarder myself, I want to get lessons for the kids aged 8 and 10. Who offers the best snowboard or ski lessons for children and best value for money ? Ideally private lessons for one adult and two kids, or just the kids. What's the best deal for snowboard or ski hire ?
WindyMiller

Last Visited: 17:31
1st Sep 2019
Re: Recommended ski or snowboard school Cairngorm
Date Posted: 18.50hrs on Sat 10 Mar 18
You can not really go wrong. The main Schools are the Mountains own instructors (the Ski School), Free Ski, G2 and SOS (School of Snowsports based at the Coylumbridge Hotel complex). There are a few independents too.

I am not going to recommend any one in particular as I know them all and I would be lynched by the others. All of the schools will see you right.

If you ever read my posts on the Cairngorm snow 2018 one of the recurring faces in the pictures is John Hayes. He works for The Ski School and through the mountain will take private lessons if requested. I should not recommend him for purely selfish reasons, if he is taking a class he is not able to ski with me!!

The mountain runs out of hire kit very fast and are very poor at serving quickly even if you have pre booked on line, I would recommend hiring skis/boards away from the mountain. The ski Shack, Ellis Brigham, Nevis Sport, SOS, G2. If you can pick them up the night before even better. You can save hours of time than in the morning.

Which ever school you choose Easter is a very busy time and you will need to book very early.

Graeme

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18.55hrs Sat 10 Mar 18 by WindyMiller.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: