You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
brodie8803

Last Visited: 13:25
15th Mar 2018
Best for begginer
Date Posted: 16.56hrs on Wed 14 Mar 18
Hi Folks
I've skied Glencoe and Cairngorm already this year with my preference Glencoe, I enjoyed the middle sections of Glencoe particularly but was wondering if there where better areas to try in the other resorts for beginners? Hoping to head up 26th march hoping conditions remain as good as they are. I'm also not adverse to Glencoe if this is the recommendation as I love it there anyway :-)

Cheers
Tony
Skicadets

Last Visited: 11:07
8th Mar 2021
Re: Best for beginner
Date Posted: 17.19hrs on Wed 14 Mar 18
By far the best for beginners is the Lecht- would recommend doing the magic carpets the then the kestrel followed by eagle2 or osprey
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Best for begginer
Date Posted: 19.24hrs on Wed 14 Mar 18
Depends if you are looking for terrain for those in the first day or two or longer green runs for confident snowplough turners?

For people comfortable with the various platuea runs at Glencoe, the blues at the Lecht would be good, as would the lower mountain runs of the Quad Chair, Alpha Tow and Rob Roy Tow at Nevis when the cover is good on the lower mountain as it is now. Nevis and Lecht have advantage of selection of blues Chairlift served.

For those who can cope with the Plateau Poma then lots of options at Glenshee too, but aside from Claybokie they tend to be faster and more prone for launching you!
remote_patrol

Last Visited: 22:53
20th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 19.34hrs on Wed 14 Mar 18
+1 for the quad runs at nevis, I had a blast there when I was learning
Beastie

Last Visited: 09:19
17th May 2020
Date Posted: 19.42hrs on Wed 14 Mar 18
You should be fine at any of them, they've all got decent runs for beginners.

If you like Glencoe and the snow's good there then nothing wrong with visiting again!
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: