You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Ad_Hynkel

Last Visited: 12:28
12th Feb 2021
Re: How Long Can 2017/18 last?
Date Posted: 13.48hrs on Mon 26 Mar 18
igloo4you, thanks for the update. Good to hear. Looking forward to next season already, though with more to come this season (fingers crossed).
bigtam

Last Visited: 12:41
27th Mar 2019
Date Posted: 13.20hrs on Fri 30 Mar 18
Glencoe on the 7th of May would be a great way to end such a good season.
GlensheeMike

Last Visited: 19:13
15th Mar 2019
Date Posted: 16.40hrs on Mon 2 Apr 18
Yesterday was a work day so I missed the sunshine on the full slopes at the Shee - but although overcast, today was great. Fence to fence pistes; Glas Maol running (although the wind up top put me off the long run to the gully). Still avalanche risk but the run next to the lift was fine; nice skiing from top of Caenlochan into the Coire Fionn gully as well.
And this season has been my inauguration to the tiger. Today was a little mogulled, but this helped navigate the steeps and using the powder side for turns meant I could avoid the icy side. Great runs and the first time I've ever gone straight back to lap it.
Fab snow elsewhere. I once had to wait for four people in front of me to get a poma - that was the worst the queues got all day, mostly ski straight on everywhere. Car park half full, a few flurries of snow during the day, but good light mostly.
How long can this season last? Well, that might depend on whether anyone comes to enjoy the good stuff.
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: