You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
snowchaser

Last Visited: 07:58
13th Sep 2023
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Peter MacFarlane Hang your head in shame!!
Date Posted: 23.32hrs on Thu 10 May 18
Are there any vacancies at CML that this man could fill?
These two parties are made for each other. His attitude to Mark back corries
absolutely stinks.
Instead of ostracizing someone who has raised the profile of snow sports at nevis range over many years, why not listen to a bit of constructive criticism and learn
from it. Mark has only voiced an opinion that I have held for a number of seasons,
That nevis range always seem overly keen to wrap up the winter season and wholeheartedly embrace the summer activities.Mr MacFarlane if you cannot listen to a differing opinion to your own without spitting the dummy out, then you are in the
wrong job.
Be gone sir.
Oh aye, don't get me started on the braveheart chair.
Maybe we could use the money saved from Peter's salary and purchase an "on" switch
for it.
Andy Lowe
bigtam

Last Visited: 12:41
27th Mar 2019
Re: Peter MacFarlane Hang your head in shame!!
Date Posted: 08.36hrs on Fri 11 May 18
Got to agree here,

I cant believe that they have effectively banned him from the mountain for very gentle, minor criticism, which he surely should be allowed to voice.

What avenues would Mark has to fight this? if any. Id happily contribute to any fund that would enable him to do this.

Never mind "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

More like I gently make constructive criticism's so your banning me for life,

I cant give anymore money to that place, if that's the way they are going to behave and I'm there summer and winter.

Moreski

Date Posted: 17.26hrs on Fri 11 May 18
To be fair, I think this decision was probably made by the board as a whole. I'm not sure it's right to individually blame Peter.
growwild

Date Posted: 00.33hrs on Sun 13 May 18
Summer must pay for the winter up there.
snowchaser

13th Sep 2023
Date Posted: 19.23hrs on Sun 13 May 18
If this was a team decision then that is an even bigger worry, however, that aside
Peter has written the letter, he has signed it, and he is the MD.
He has got to accept the flak.
Dunc

Last Visited: 09:47
18th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 21.52hrs on Sun 13 May 18
Can anyone share a bit more background on this story? I'm interested in 'the opinion that was voiced' in the first place. What was this chaps position at Nevis Range?
snowchaser

13th Sep 2023
Date Posted: 09.00hrs on Mon 14 May 18
Dunc Wrote:
Can anyone share a bit more background on this story? I'm interested in 'the opinion that was voiced' in the first place. What was this chaps position at Nevis Range?

You'll get the jist of it by reading the comments here Dunc.

[www.change.org]
Seanmcc

Date Posted: 07.18hrs on Tue 15 May 18
Find it very surprising that Mark has only posted the photo and not said anything else on the matter, he’s definitely hiding the full truth and only going for the sympathy vote.

I’m glad he’s not allowed to buy tickets to nevis range activities. He has no respect for the place. A few years ago he trespassed onto Nevis Range infrastructure and publicly posted it onto social media. The guy is a bloody clown.
superman

Last Visited: 21:31
16th May 2018
Date Posted: 21.21hrs on Wed 16 May 18
bigtam Wrote:
Got to agree here,

I cant believe that they have effectively banned him from the mountain for very gentle, minor criticism, which he surely should be allowed to voice.

What avenues would Mark has to fight this? if any. Id happily contribute to any fund that would enable him to do this.

Never mind "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

I cant give anymore money to that place, if that's the way they are going to behave and I'm there summer and winter.

by "very gentle, minor criticism" I presume you're talking about him actively encouraging as many people as possible to boycott the Nevis Range and go to Glencoe, consulting citizens advice about Nevis Range, talking about seeking legal advice against Nevis Range and slagging Nevis Range off on his facebook page?

I think his attitude when on the mountain got him a ban, all the above was just the final straw for the Nevis Range.

you talk about defending to death the right to say something....its a pity your hero mark doesn't practice the same, because when I pointed out on his facebook page a few facts, he immediatly banned me

alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 21.26hrs on Wed 16 May 18
Seanmcc Wrote:
Find it very surprising that Mark has only posted the photo and not said anything else on the matter, he’s definitely hiding the full truth and only going for the sympathy vote.

I’m glad he’s not allowed to buy tickets to nevis range activities. He has no respect for the place. A few years ago he trespassed onto Nevis Range infrastructure and publicly posted it onto social media. The guy is a bloody clown.

Think you might find that Mark worked at Nevis Range.
superman

16th May 2018
Date Posted: 21.26hrs on Wed 16 May 18
Dunc Wrote:

he had a season ticket for the 2017/18 season

nevis range said they would be open up to and including the 7th of may, they then changed their mind and closed the weekend before the 7th.

mark thought a season ticket meant they must open if he decided they should be open, he got bent out of shape because they didn't think the same
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 21.28hrs on Wed 16 May 18
superman Wrote:

you talk about defending to death the right to say something....its a pity your hero mark doesn't practice the same, because when I pointed out on his facebook page a few facts, he immediatly banned me

It's not as if you have ever had a previous an internet ban for failing the attitude test is it? :p

superman

16th May 2018
Date Posted: 21.31hrs on Wed 16 May 18
alan Wrote:
superman Wrote:

It's not as if you have ever had a previous an internet ban for failing the attitude test is it? :p

i'm not going for the sympathy vote though
Moreski

Date Posted: 23.12hrs on Wed 16 May 18
superman Wrote:
bigtam Wrote:
Got to agree here,

Never mind 'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it'

by 'very gentle, minor criticism' I presume you're talking about him actively encouraging as many people as possible to boycott the Nevis Range and go to Glencoe, consulting citizens advice about Nevis Range, talking about seeking legal advice against Nevis Range and slagging Nevis Range off on his facebook page?

I think his attitude when on the mountain got him a ban, all the above was just the final straw for the Nevis Range.

Considering Nevis Range was already closed, it makes sense he would encourage people to ski at Glencoe...

snowchaser

13th Sep 2023
Date Posted: 09.24hrs on Thu 17 May 18
superman Wrote:
Dunc Wrote:

he had a season ticket for the 2017/18 season

nevis range said they would be open up to and including the 7th of may, they then changed their mind and closed the weekend before the 7th.

mark thought a season ticket meant they must open if he decided they should be open, he got bent out of shape because they didn't think the same

I have been riding in the Scottish mountains for over 20 years and Nevis Range is my favourite Scottish resort, this is purely down to the back of the mountain, i find the front of the hill a bit one dimensional. The back corries are known as" the jewel in the crown" of lift served Scottish skiing, though "lift served" is stretching it a little. For every 50 times i drop into the back bowls,i have to walk out 49 of them.
I think i have got to ride on the braveheart chair maybe 3 times in the last 10 years, and for one of those i was stuck on it for 2 hours then finally winched off. For me the back corries are badly mismanaged, they are usually loaded with snow when NR decide to pull the plug on the winter season each year. Mark back corries was just vocalizing the frustrations that i, and no doubt many others have felt for many years. Although Aonach Mor is my favourite mountain for snowsports and i have previously been a season ticket holder there, due to the antics of the custodians of this hill, i have now been a season ticket holder at Glencoe for the last 4 years.
Come on NR, try a little harder guys.
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: