You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Doug_Bryce

Re: Cairngorm parking
Date Posted: 20.42hrs on Mon 25 Jun 18
Ironically Coire na Ciste is perfect for camper van hook ups and hobbit houses...

I am mildly amused by the all to predictable uproar. Parking charges for non skiing customers aren't unreasonable. But only if profit reinvested. Who trusts NR ?

It also makes me think there is economic case for a Glenmore gondola. Would boost repeat summer visitors (because you can get out at Coire Cas) and be much less controversial than parking changes winking smiley

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20.43hrs Mon 25 Jun 18 by Doug_Bryce.
ColinTheCop

Last Visited: 18:44
16th Jul 2019
Date Posted: 19.59hrs on Tue 26 Jun 18
Has anyone spotted the Natural Retreats Traffic Warden yet...?
growwild

Date Posted: 00.40hrs on Wed 27 Jun 18
I've only ever seen tourists and twats that drive peugeots with an 'Ive been extorted' sticker for parking along at Rowardennan.. Dunno what the 'info' sign for paying and the threats say for the fearful as I have no need tae be near the fecker.

Natural retreats know they have a subsidy rich arsholes playground they can milk dry me thinks. I always thought Scotland had too many 'resorts' for such a wee place though I never thought cairngorms would be the one to put it's hand up for the fall...
veletron

Last Visited: 14:46
1st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 08.51hrs on Thu 5 Jul 18
It might be worth moaning at them through FB messenger. Someone on the other end claims to have forwarded my feedback to head office.

I don't object to a 2 quid charge in the summer, but in the winter it should come for free with your ski pass, and the 8 quid for my campervan (my sole vehicle) is simply ridiculous. I assume that means I can park sideways with awning and deckchairs out?! My van consumes one single car parking space, not 4!!

Nigel
telemarkmark

Last Visited: 11:11
8th Dec 2020
Date Posted: 12.52hrs on Wed 22 Aug 18
£2 for parking to me is ok, especially if they have 24hr toilets.
In some ways more happy to pay this in winter, especially if on a ski tour.
I think it should be separate from the lift pass, otherwise it could be considered a charge on those who do not park
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: