You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
CML General Manager vacancy
Date Posted: 07.14hrs on Thu 12 Jul 18
CairnGorm Mountain Ltd have begun the recruitment process for a new General Manager:

[independentjobs.independent.co.uk]
Olderalan

Last Visited: 15:23
7th Apr 2019
Re: CML General Manager vacancy
Date Posted: 07.32hrs on Thu 12 Jul 18
That might help a bit but it will only be time to celebrate when HIE begin the process of appointing a new operator.
You might expect to hear how HIE will use the SE Consultants report as justification for shoveling in yet more public money.
Meanwhile they dither around unable to make a decision about providing grant funding to the pro-active areas that want to purchase snowfactories. Cue yet another consultants report that will tell Glencoe and Lecht if snowfactories are suitable and cost effective for them.......as if they cannot make these decisions themselves. Laughable.

Kind regards

Olderalan
some frustrated skier

Last Visited: 21:55
16th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 16.35hrs on Fri 13 Jul 18
Still the applicant doesn’t need experience of snow sports
Hipennine

Date Posted: 07.49hrs on Sat 14 Jul 18
some frustrated skier Wrote:
Still the applicant doesn’t need experience of snow sports

Aye, but it doesn't matter because they need to be "Amazing". What numpty allows this marketing bullshit in job adverts?
rtj1211

Last Visited: 10:44
23rd Mar 2020
Date Posted: 13.16hrs on Wed 18 Jul 18
I see that 'Similar Jobs' list 'Part Time Cleaner'

The cock-up theory of advertising is in rude health!
harley

Last Visited: 18:52
13th Jun 2019
Date Posted: 18.16hrs on Wed 18 Jul 18
Give them a break girls.
If you dont agree dont ski.
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 19.41hrs on Wed 18 Jul 18
harley Wrote:
Give them a break girls.
If you dont agree dont ski.

Looking at their market share dropping from a 10 year average pre Natural Retreats of 40.6% to 23% last winter, I'd say rather a lot of people don't ski there now.

Of course Natural Retreats are a symptom of longer term problems on CairnGorm, if CML had been successful and competently run Natural Retreats wouldn't have got the chance to be on the mountain.

That however doesn't change the fact that the current incumbent in the job has presided over what for Strathspey is a calamitous loss of around 40% of CML's snowsports marketing, losing the local economy millions.

Mountainaddict

Last Visited: 19:38
6th Jan 2021
Date Posted: 08.02hrs on Sun 22 Jul 18
Surprising - but not unbelievable given the set up at CML - that no experience of snow sports is required.

Awful when even basic grammar in the advert is wrong - e.g. 'visitor's needs...' Stuff like that - as well as the inconsistent layout of bullet points and typos in the ad - gives a poor impression of any organisation.

And what's with this constant 'Resort' lark?! It's not ****ing Benidorm! Imagine what a high-flying city executive with no snow sports knowledge (ie just the sort of person they are looking for) will make of the resort when he/she turns up for interview...
Beastie

Last Visited: 09:19
17th May 2020
Date Posted: 08.22hrs on Sun 22 Jul 18
Mountainaddict Wrote:

Awful when even basic grammar in the advert is wrong - e.g. 'visitor's needs...'

Another few years of stellar management and it'll be exactly appropriate language..

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 08.23hrs Sun 22 Jul 18 by Beastie.
pinhead27

Last Visited: 10:03
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 20.14hrs on Sun 22 Jul 18
Beastie Wrote:

Another few years of stellar management and it'll be exactly appropriate language..

smiling smiley

cmorrison

Last Visited: 10:36
21st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 13.27hrs on Mon 23 Jul 18
If I get this job will I have to move to the South of England like their other recent roles? smiling smiley
paraffin

Date Posted: 18.29hrs on Mon 23 Jul 18
cmorrison Wrote:
If I get this job will I have to move to the South of England like their other recent roles?

Hilarious!
Any candidates that label themselves “amazing” will promise the earth. Quickly followed by looking at how to blame everyone but themselves and depart rapidly within 2 underwhelming years in the post. Mark my words.
Mmmh - might be time for me to buff up my Linkedin profile . . . just for a laugh.
PeterS

Last Visited: 12:21
13th Mar 2021
Date Posted: 11.43hrs on Tue 24 Jul 18
Its like watching a car crash in slow motion.
alan

27th Mar 2024
Date Posted: 20.29hrs on Tue 24 Jul 18
paraffin Wrote:

Hilarious!
Any candidates that label themselves “amazing” will promise the earth. Quickly followed by looking at how to blame everyone but themselves and depart rapidly within 2 underwhelming years in the post. Mark my words.
Mmmh - might be time for me to buff up my Linkedin profile . . . just for a laugh.

Might not last that long. From what I've heard the new top dog will have to play deputy to the incumbent for around 6 months. I guess that is so she can pass on her unbridled wisdom on how to run CairnGorm Mountain. eye rolling smiley

I don't think the new last summer Head Ranger quite made the year before chucking it.

How many Ski School and Ski Hire managers have CML gone through since Natural Retreats took over. How many ski hire staff simply walked off the job?

Why is CML, a company that is operating a multi million public asset for private profit, with a lease from a major public agency not compelled by the lease and contractual obligations to honour the Scottish Government's Scottish National Living Wage?
Beastie

Last Visited: 09:19
17th May 2020
Date Posted: 20.18hrs on Wed 25 Jul 18
Where's Janette off to anyway?
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: