You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
01cookjk

Last Visited: 09:09
6th Apr 2021
Re: Interesting Observation made in 'Pics from the slopes' page
Date Posted: 18.50hrs on Sun 19 Aug 18
Today, when browsing through some of the old and new photos in the 'Pics from the Slopes' pages on WinterHighland, I noticed that Glencoe now gets way way more reports and photos uploaded than Cairngorm, while up until 2013, Cairngorm was getting by far the most amount of attention in photographic form.

I decided to count all of the posts (groups of photos, skiing only) from all of the seasons for all of the ski areas and graph it out. I like nothing better than a bunch of statistics to help me to enjoy a Sunday afternoon!

Hope you find this interesting. It really speaks out as to how CGM has deterred many skiers from going, and thus reduced the posts.
Also, I attach some photos from the past that stand out. Anyone else rember skidding around of brown snow at the Lecht in 2001/2002? I do, and I was only 12 at the time.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18.51hrs Sun 19 Aug 18 by 01cookjk.

Attachments: chart.jpg (342kB)   pics1.jpg (109kB)   pics 2 .jpg (73kB)   displayimage (1).jpg (40kB)  
01cookjk

Last Visited: 09:09
6th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 18.51hrs on Sun 19 Aug 18
Forgot the line graph!

Attachments: graph.jpg (121kB)  
Beastie

Last Visited: 09:19
17th May 2020
Date Posted: 18.38hrs on Tue 21 Aug 18
Wild. Completely avoidable too. Don't get me wrong I'm all for voting with feet and wallets, it's just sad there doesn't seem to be a realisation that if they reversed course we'd come back.

tim1mw

Date Posted: 10.47hrs on Fri 7 Sep 18
I'm guessing the fact that Alan is running the Glencoe webcams might have skewed things a bit, but it's still a rather sad state of affairs.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: