You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous1234Next
Current Page:2 of 4
WickRatson

Last Visited: 17:42
29th Jan 2019
Re: SAR helicopters being told to not help MRT in certain conditions.
Date Posted: 14.56hrs on Sun 4 Nov 18
I don't agree with a insurance type system at all, I just fear it's going to go down that route.
SnowmanDave

Last Visited: 12:36
3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 09.07hrs on Mon 5 Nov 18
Update:-

[m.facebook.com]

---That was not a fall, I intended to do that!---
growwild

Date Posted: 02.16hrs on Tue 6 Nov 18
Maybe it's time tae start suing the land owners mega bucks, a trip over a rock = a bag on sand, if some inbred hillbilly wants tae own a mountain then 'tax' it. If they pay it's a win and if they feck of it's a win...
SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 10.39hrs on Tue 6 Nov 18
growwild Wrote:
Maybe it's time tae start suing the land owners mega bucks, a trip over a rock = a bag on sand, if some inbred hillbilly wants tae own a mountain then 'tax' it. If they pay it's a win and if they feck of it's a win...

Government agency's also own big chunks of land like HIE, Forestry Commission etc...

Anyway most insurance don't cover for "dangerous sports"...so you would lose anyway...as you were doing something dangerous in "nature"...

& the land owners insurance would either:-
(a) close all access as "too dangerous", or
(b) stick up signs "its dangerous enter at your own risk to life & limb"

so you are back at square one....

Lay off the "herb" before posting ….its not all "a Tory conspiracy" as you seem to think!...

WickRatson

Last Visited: 17:42
29th Jan 2019
Date Posted: 14.04hrs on Tue 6 Nov 18
Usually most country's don't rely on standerd policies, more so bespoke mountain insurance.
growwild

Date Posted: 23.28hrs on Tue 6 Nov 18
Dear Dave, sorry tae say but liquid stupid is no good for brain cell activity and ya either need new specs or alcohol is making ya para too if you can see anything tory there.. The good news is the erb might help restore that brain [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] or in plain english [www.youtube.com]

Vast amounts of land that could be taxed and put towards activities on that land, better access, education and rescues. Or just stop sending subsidies to land owners that can more than afford tae run their own shit and spend that debt on the public to make their country better for them.. Am I too far from right for any of that to work?

Mountain rescues drones should be able to drop x amount of one skinners and some oil infused chocolate and kola cubes in a rescue mission before anyone has time tae get there tae calm the situation right doon.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23.32hrs Tue 6 Nov 18 by growwild.
SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 09.02hrs on Wed 7 Nov 18
growwild Wrote:
Dear Dave, sorry tae say but liquid stupid is no good for brain cell activity and ya either need new specs or alcohol is making ya para too if you can see anything tory there.. The good news is the erb might help restore that brain or in plain english

Vast amounts of land that could be taxed and put towards activities on that land, better access, education and rescues. Or just stop sending subsidies to land owners that can more than afford tae run their own shit and spend that debt on the public to make their country better for them.. Am I too far from right for any of that to work?

Mountain rescues drones should be able to drop x amount of one skinners and some oil infused chocolate and kola cubes in a rescue mission before anyone has time tae get there tae calm the situation right doon.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 23.32hrs Tue 6 Nov 18 by growwild.

I hardly drink alcohol..maybe about 1 bottle of beer with a meal every couple of weeks...so that's your "presumption" out the window..

Anyway drone & MTR?...well they do have a couple of drone units now & use them to search for people..however even with the best drones & best pilots 40mph wind speeds are the max...

So masses of time in winter rescue conditions you can't use them..& the rest of your post..really??

Any more stupid ideas you want to ruin the thread with??..just stop posting as the "herb" is affecting your judgement.. seriously...when affected by such stuff you don't know what its like to be "normal"...what you think is "normal" isn't

growwild

Date Posted: 19.00hrs on Wed 7 Nov 18
Hahaha, I'm sure it'll help finding hats but sorry tae burst yer bubble I'm not talking about yer wee toy drones, [instanteyerobotics.com]

Tax and drones, 2 things that could help up the mountains, what you bringing tae the party bar a right bad ego? Read more an somehow expand that mind cause there's a slight possibility you'll be known for having an original thought one day!

The right always go aff track and attack when they dont like a topic like taxing and taking control fae their masters, fae Zulus tae drones they seem tae make the erb the problem,small minded ignorant self righteous uneducated fuds...

Tax stupid and fund more research into mountain rescue?
SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 20.08hrs on Wed 7 Nov 18
growwild Wrote:
Hahaha, I'm sure it'll help finding hats but sorry tae burst yer bubble I'm not talking about yer wee toy drones, [instanteyerobotics.com]

You've put both your feet in it again..

Those drones you linked to have a max battery of 30mins dependent of payload & windspeed....max wind speed to hold station is 35mph....as stated in their specs...

So as I stated 40mph is usually the max safe wind speed for drones..& 30mins battery that's useless...& battery life shortens as wind speed increases..

Drones are fine in calm conditions & very light winds...not winter in the Cairngorms etc...as I stated...

Please actually read & understand stuff before you repeatedly post utter drivel on here...& stay of the "herb"...

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20.29hrs Wed 7 Nov 18 by SnowmanDave.
growwild

Date Posted: 23.38hrs on Wed 7 Nov 18
Oh my, Canada is calling you this winter! They've probably got something called wind tunnel and halfway through telling the Canadians wit tae dae you might give up and have a "Steve Jobs"

Who give's a fook about ' perfect' hovering, I wasn't serious about one skinners, that odd beer has turned your pineal gland tae more or less crusty stone..

Stop focusing on the daft tae write aff ideas that go beyond you're level of creative thinking, ya should ignore costs too when it's about saving life. If I had a newspaper I'd say 'refugees were getting smuggled intae Scotland up the deserted glens the hillbillies own', of course the disabled and the cost of interest unemployed are helping them over the mountains through streams and past the deer and over the border!! There would be a fecking helicopter for every square mile and a lot more satellites watching the mountains, folk will get shot before the right realised yous were duped though...

They drones can move in some wind and the tech out their for hunting and killing is frightening but can be used for good.. Map every mountain regular enough, someones lost then send a fleet of they feckers up, the'll see in the dark so will probably be good at finding folk quick if they awready know every bit of the place they are hunting in, think it's their software that keeps them going were they want in high winds, gimbals moving extra scanners about and nerd software would make it work eventually if somehow they dont do it all ready...

Ya think some victorians wanted tae go back tae the georgian and so forth? Tenner you'd prefer the stone age, probably in the group inventing religion and daft shit like that while the 'erbalists 'n shroom hunters were zooming past on their wheels the 'devil made'..

As it stands with the current state of idiots holding the stage on both sides it's clear tae see wee are heading for insurance, the NHS will eventually be private and everyone will be after a slice of that pie, down south it'll quicker. The public will pay more and the fuds will get more and more power while their land mass shrinks and trust in their paper dwindles.. If I was a good citizen I'd complain then turn the other cheek with a stiff upper cheek and blame someone the media told me to pick on.

The reall blame goes to the root of the problem, the solution would be tae rip that tree oot and start again !

paulo

Last Visited: 21:31
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 13.30hrs on Thu 8 Nov 18
SnowmanDave Wrote:

Please actually read & understand stuff before you repeatedly post utter drivel on here...& stay of the "herb"...

Err no need for comments like that
SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 13.47hrs on Thu 8 Nov 18
paulo Wrote:
SnowmanDave Wrote:

Err no need for comments like that

But its ok for him "growwild" to accuse me of being a drunk??

"growwild Wrote:
Dear Dave, sorry tae say but liquid stupid is no good for brain cell activity and ya either need new specs or alcohol is making ya para too"

& BTW he has openly admitted that he takes "herb"..let alone his pic/sig

SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 14.10hrs on Thu 8 Nov 18
growwild Wrote:
Oh my, Canada is calling you this winter! They've probably got something called wind tunnel and halfway through telling the Canadians wit tae dae you might give up and have a "Steve Jobs"

Who give's a fook about ' perfect' hovering, I wasn't serious about one skinners, that odd beer has turned your pineal gland tae more or less crusty stone..

Why would I move to Canada?...

Anyway on your original statements of "send drones out for MRT"...& I stated that 40mph etc winds are the max usually & those drones you linked to had 35mph max hover...

50mph is the max wind "gust" speed..not "hover"....for the newest, biggest ""hurricane proof"" 8 bladed drones, which in this case are developed by AT&T...

[dronelife.com]

Quote:- ""AT&T says the Extreme Weather Drone can withstand a tropical storm with heavy rain and wind gusts up to 50 mph. It is also able to fly in snow and extreme temperatures, ranging from below freezing to ‘sweltering’. It’s armed with a thermal imaging payload, so the drone can see through smoke, tree cover, and other obstacles.""

So still along way off what the MRT actually go out in the wintertime up here.....drones by their design are too light/small to counter act the forces of nature in the gales the MRT go out in....however I did state earlier that the MRT has two drone units as they are useful for certain situations with lower wind speeds...

Edited 4 times. Last edit at 14.21hrs Thu 8 Nov 18 by SnowmanDave.
SnowmanDave

3rd Mar 2021
Date Posted: 14.15hrs on Thu 8 Nov 18
duplicate post as web was playing silly buggers...

Edited 3 times. Last edit at 14.18hrs Thu 8 Nov 18 by SnowmanDave.
pinhead27

Last Visited: 10:03
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 16.08hrs on Thu 8 Nov 18
^
Could these two get their own thread and leave the rest of us in peace?
Goto Page:  Previous1234Next
Current Page:2 of 4
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: