You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous1234Next
Current Page:3 of 4
paraffin

Re: Cairngorm put into administration....
Date Posted: 18.36hrs on Mon 3 Dec 18
Jamie Smith to the rescue- indeed!

I too “am very keen to help in any way I reasonably can” ... as are thousands of others.
Words are cheap.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18.40hrs Mon 3 Dec 18 by paraffin.
growwild

Date Posted: 18.39hrs on Mon 3 Dec 18
They not bring in the Lecht tae lightly manage the place till they are back on track or folk with vision gets in?
JC

Last Visited: 12:22
27th Feb 2024
What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 23.16hrs on Tue 4 Dec 18
John Finnie raised this at Holyrood today, unsurprisingly to those familiar with Fergus Ewing, the response wasn't really good enough.

[twitter.com]
jabuzzard

Last Visited: 11:02
16th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 10.24hrs on Wed 5 Dec 18
JC Wrote:
John Finnie raised this at Holyrood today, unsurprisingly to those familiar with Fergus Ewing, the response wasn't really good enough.

What an appalling response. Clearly the SNP are no different than any other bunch of self serving corrupt politicians.
Beastie

Last Visited: 09:19
17th May 2020
Date Posted: 12.30hrs on Wed 5 Dec 18
I love how he stresses Audit Scotland are independent and it would be quite improper for him to meddle, given what I know about that bampot.
Gorminator

Last Visited: 15:45
11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 16.03hrs on Wed 5 Dec 18
Fergus Ewing has been ....and will continue to be.... the major Obstacle/Stumbling Block in this developing Catastrophe......orchestrated by Individuals within HIE (Clue - We are where we are) and himself, who continue, with Flowery Dialogue/Faff to conceal the real agenda !!
growwild

Date Posted: 18.07hrs on Wed 5 Dec 18
Brown envelopes on camera usually gets these asshats on board winking smiley

Cannae be straight with corrupt feckers, join em and beat them!
Shredandjammy

Last Visited: 13:27
6th Jan 2020
Date Posted: 22.16hrs on Mon 10 Dec 18
Anyone know how many season ticket holders there normally are at Cairngorm?
01cookjk

Last Visited: 09:09
6th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 12.26hrs on Tue 11 Dec 18
As previously communicated with Graeme yesterday, I think it best that as Winterhighlanders, we all, for this season at least, turn our eyes away from the disasters that have blighted CGM this autumn and in previous years.

With Natural Retreats out of the way, HIE showing through significant last-minute investment into snowmaking and at least some plans for uplift renewal, demonstrating that HIE are themselves supportive of skiing on the mountain.

Thus, it feels like a new chapter is about to start, and therefore, for at least this season, perhaps we should all make at least one day trip to CGM, support the shops and cafe's in Aviemore, Glenmore and Coylumbridge and show HIE that there is demand for skiing.

I'm saying this because part of me worries that if they get a quiet season, then they might give up altogether and an area of amazing terain will be lost forever.

Its crucial that they get just enough visitors so that the operation is busy, but not overstretched (perhaps 500-800 on the hill at any-one time) so that all is good.
ESD1711

Last Visited: 06:17
13th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 12.59hrs on Tue 11 Dec 18
Sorry, but theres literally zero chance i'll be tripping to CGM till this mess is sorted out one way or another.

I do feel for the local businesses and economy which will be hit hardest by the goings on, but theres just no way I'll be putting any money in to that organisation in its current guise.
flugeryl

Last Visited: 12:40
11th Mar 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 12.59hrs on Tue 11 Dec 18
i think you may get a variety of opinions on this suggestion...good luck

Be Nice to Skiers, they have it hard enough already
Tourer

Last Visited: 22:06
11th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 14.01hrs on Tue 11 Dec 18
It is a shame that the 'Save the Ciste' group (are they the same mob as Winterhighland?) are continuing to publicly snipe from the sidelines. I used to respect what they said and were trying to achieve, however during the last few months the situation on Cairngorm has changed massively and they are making themselves look silly.

They seem to want to whinge about almost everything that is happening on the hill, even positives like the snowfactory seem to have a negative spin put into them. I would be the first person to moan about what has happened at Cairngorm over the last 15 years or so, however at least some small positives are now starting to happen.

It seems that they are also having a go at the Aviemore and Glenmore trust (publicly).. you all need to work together to make things happen - no individual has all of the answers.

If Save the Ciste wants everything to be done their way (like a spoiled child) then why don't they raise the funds themselves and buy CML from the administrator?

A positively run campaign will always be listened to more than a negative one and when it looks like you are throwing your toys out of the pram because other people have different ideas to you, your whole campaign loose supporters.

Beastie

Last Visited: 09:19
17th May 2020
Date Posted: 15.18hrs on Tue 11 Dec 18
Another one who'll only return once there's evidence of a competently run centre. I don't feel like the rot has properly been removed though the snow factory looks like a good step in the right direction.

Other centres have been quietly upping their game for a number of years and deserve my loyalty with the limited number of days I can afford.

I shall maintain a sceptical eye on this season.
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 12.48hrs on Fri 14 Dec 18
Tourer, firstly Save the Ciste and Winterhighland are not the same entity or mob as you said. So aside from sniping from the sidelines at Save the Ciste and WH what have you done?

For the record the local elements of Save the Ciste got together with concerned local businesses and did reform a constituted body in the Aviemore Business Association, which in turn lead to a refresh of the CairnGorm Mountain Trust and these three together did the groundwork on the community trust and significant cross party political lobbying behind the scenes also.

If it weren’t for who you call out as snipers from the sidelines nothing would have happened. If it wasn’t for those labelled whiners and whingers over the core lift policy the Daylodge Poma would not have been revived in 2007/8 and would have met the gas axe like the Aonach.

We have the proof in CML going bust twice in 10 years that managed decline and pursuit of a single base snowsports area almost entirely focussed on Coire Cas and the Top Basin has left us with an unbalanced area without the capacity or terrain mix to be viable given the enormous overhead costs incurred running the funicular.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12.49hrs Fri 14 Dec 18 by alan.
awrightski

Last Visited: 10:02
2nd Dec 2020
Date Posted: 14.27hrs on Fri 14 Dec 18
Beastie Wrote:
Another one who'll only return once there's evidence of a competently run centre. I don't feel like the rot has properly been removed though the snow factory looks like a good step in the right direction.

Other centres have been quietly upping their game for a number of years and deserve my loyalty with the limited number of days I can afford.

I shall maintain a sceptical eye on this season.

+1
Goto Page:  Previous1234Next
Current Page:3 of 4
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: