You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3
mtq1000

Last Visited: 18:19
15th Apr 2021
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Re: Phoenixed into public ownership - CML slash ticket prices!
Date Posted: 09.33hrs on Mon 24 Dec 18
Still not convinced as to why we should support the "new" Phoenixed entity.

HIE are the ones that cut down the chairs. They are the ones that cut down the surface lifts. They are the ones that put NR in place. They are the ones that now have magicked up £1m of snow making out of nowhere and they are the ones that have cut ticket prices that has more than a whiff of state aid about it.

So in short HIE are not exactly the bunch to be saviours given they are the ones that have caused a large portion of this mess in the first place.

I would suggest that they are in fact the illness to which they purport to be the cure!

Gorminator

Last Visited: 15:45
11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 10.16hrs on Mon 24 Dec 18
Good on you !

Another person who realises the long-time problem !

Unlike so many others, who are blind to the whole situation !!
Bomp

Last Visited: 17:00
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 10.54hrs on Mon 24 Dec 18
I'm not sure I'm willing to spend any more of my money on Cairngorm when enough of my taxes have already gone on it.
Of course, if we don't support it, then they'll probably just spend more of our taxes on it.
Beastie

Last Visited: 09:19
17th May 2020
Date Posted: 13.27hrs on Mon 24 Dec 18
mtq1000 Wrote:
Still not convinced as to why we should support the "new" Phoenixed entity.

HIE are the ones that cut down the chairs. They are the ones that cut down the surface lifts. They are the ones that put NR in place. They are the ones that now have magicked up £1m of snow making out of nowhere and they are the ones that have cut ticket prices that has more than a whiff of state aid about it.

So in short HIE are not exactly the bunch to be saviours given they are the ones that have caused a large portion of this mess in the first place.

I would suggest that they are in fact the illness to which they purport to be the cure!

Aye.
growwild

Date Posted: 01.02hrs on Tue 25 Dec 18
Support heehaw, go where the best snow/weather and lack of q's unless yer tied tae a season pass...

Pretty sure folk used to bang on about cairngorms being the premier resort so they need this and that tae benefit the others? Finally even though it's a mess, the 'owners' are looking in a direction that's pretty winter based when folk were greeting it was going the opposite direction, which it looked liked and I thought they were spoiled arsholes along with turning it summer with the train for snow only in the winter...

A million for snowmaking is feck all compared tae what money it should bring to the local area, for an economic investment it's nowt and will be recouped fairly quick if they learn fae the Lecht.

The price of the ticket and its source of funding is debatable, cairngorms are probably one of the biggest employers in winter, losing a chunk of them would save on the cost of a ticket too or it could be tae give local business a boost with the problems they have been having?

Glenshee could justify a high ticket price then the rest should set theirs accordingly.

ESD1711

Last Visited: 06:17
13th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 06.26hrs on Thu 3 Jan 19
Wouldn't be going to Cairngorm at £37 with or without the funicular.

Wont be going at £27 with or without the funicular.

Better options closer to home. No interest in going to that circus any time soon I'm afraid.

Goto Page:  Previous123
Current Page:3 of 3
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: