You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
sspeirs

Last Visited: 09:59
22nd Apr 2021
Cairngorm Mtn Facebook Page: Have they really nuked it?!
Date Posted: 12.40hrs on Sun 23 Dec 18
Alan mentioned this to be a few weeks back when we were talking at Glencoe. Appears that Cairngorm Mountain have remove/nuked/deleted their Facebook page?

Is that correct? Or has it just been hidden (which while not good, I can kind of understand - as negative press is bad enough already)

With a huge number of Facebook followers, if it has been deleted, that is yet another wanton acts of destruction wreaked on the ski centre. When (maybe if!) they ever recover - whether that is fixing the funicular - or tearing down and building new chairs/gondola (and that may be less expensive - they clearly need to advertise to rebuild their reputation and attract visitors to the mountain. And if they have blown away their huge Facebook following, they have a bigger mountain to climb in revitalising their customer base once the lift/funicular situation is resolved.
Beastie

Last Visited: 09:19
17th May 2020
Re: Cairngorm Mtn Facebook Page: Have they really nuked it?!
Date Posted: 13.05hrs on Sun 23 Dec 18
Yes it was deleted a while back.
Gorminator

Last Visited: 15:45
11th Aug 2019
Date Posted: 17.17hrs on Sun 23 Dec 18
At the Aviemore and Glenmore Community Trust AGM in the Cairngorm Hotel a few weeks back.......Ops 2 Jim Cornfoot..... threw all his toys over the floor whilst he was having a lengthy, immature, Rant about the way the Cairngorm FB Page was abused and used as an access to degrade Staff this past few, Funicular down, months !

He indirectly included myself in his uncontrolled tirade !!

Funny thing is....I was banned off the Cairngorm Page when I posted my first comment.....over 3 years ago......and I am far from being alone !

These guys who form the Team really need to have a LONG HARD look at themselves as they receive rampant adulation from a "blind section" of the Local population, because for some strange, unexplained reason, these same people were on the Hill when it went down the Pan 10-years ago, as it did last month !

If they don't feel up to changing, and enter into the same scenarios as before.......as is already happening on a small scale....how many years till the Mountain Operation goes tits-up this time !!

Remember you the Public are still paying their wages.......this time via Public Money splashed out by Hie ......not the usual Snow-sports Tickets etc !!!
Doug_Bryce

Date Posted: 18.34hrs on Sun 23 Dec 18
Nuke-ing the facebook change seems inconsequential compared to loss of the White Lady T-Bar and West Wall chair.

Both of which could almost be offering limited snowsports at present....
remote_patrol

Last Visited: 22:53
20th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 18.45hrs on Sun 23 Dec 18
There's a "cairngorm mountain operations"FB page up now, strictly snowmaking and conditions updates as far as I can see. I presume it's either an HIE thing or an unofficial staff effort.

Killing the original one probably make little difference, a new one will pick up followers and rankings quickly enough if it's managed right. Still a dick move to burn it though
TroutWrestler

Last Visited: 18:01
16th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 17.00hrs on Mon 24 Dec 18
From the Cairngorm Orerations Updates page:

CAIRNGORM OPERATIONS UPDATES·MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2018
Hello all,
This interim Facebook page has been set up with the agreement of our Cairngorm staff community to allow the flow of information to continue until a new operating company is in place.
It is not in any way linked to the official Cairngorm Mountain Ltd. Facebook page which is currently offline.
On mountain conditions change fast, and it is vital that we have a direct link to on mountain users and to keep visitors, our guests and our community updated. During this interim period, it is important that users understand that we cannot allocate time to answer questions and it is important to respect other users and our staff. We are working hard to get ready for the start of a new winter season under the current circumstances, and our focus must remain on a positive future. We thank you for the support we have received. The updates will allow us to give you weather information, winter updates, snowmaking updates and safety information, which was the aim of our initial Facebook page. We hope users value the information, which will allow this page to continue. If you wish, please like and share, to help us get information out there.
Thanks
Cairngorm Team
growwild

Date Posted: 00.29hrs on Tue 25 Dec 18
Facebooks pure shit, full of false news and false lives..

They should ask someone that knows a bit about webcams and start directing folk tae their own site and send mair posh here!

If i find the plug for facebook I seriously doubt It'll affect customers and the centres, they fuds that do shit just for pics have instagram anyway....

Happy freaking holidays!
eltankos

Last Visited: 10:14
30th Jul 2019
Date Posted: 13.40hrs on Fri 28 Dec 18
Would have thought that the facebook page, as one of the businesses asset's would be under HIE control now.
Although it would seem a good chance to publicise that the mountain is still open for business and get some folk up. Although maybe they actually want to avoid having the mountain too busy.
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 23.09hrs on Fri 28 Dec 18
eltankos Wrote:
Would have thought that the facebook page, as one of the businesses asset's would be under HIE control now.
Although it would seem a good chance to publicise that the mountain is still open for business and get some folk up. Although maybe they actually want to avoid having the mountain too busy.

The Facebook page went offline early in the morning that HIE published the video summary of the SE Group report, i.e. before CML entered administration.

There seems to be conflicting stories going around as to whether it was a hard completely irreversible delete or merely a suspension.

The accusations flung around at the Community Trust AGM that it was people in the room that was responsible for the shutdown was the biggest load of cow manure - most of the people in the room that had any opinion on the hill had long since been banned from the CML Facebook and not for 'vile abuse' as alleged, but for genuine feedback, comments and legitimate questions.
ESD1711

Last Visited: 06:17
13th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 06.19hrs on Thu 3 Jan 19
I don't think theres really any way of knowing whether its been 'deleted' or in face just deactivated.

Only folk who know the answer to that will be the folk in charge of pushing the big red button themselves.

The fact they took that course of action, whether it be on a temporary or permanent basis, at the moment they did, without any explanation or warning pretty much sums up the place in general.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: