You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
remote_patrol

Last Visited: 22:53
20th Apr 2021
Re: Caringorm Season Pass Refunds...
Date Posted: 08.54hrs on Wed 27 Feb 19
in fairness the ciste was a no go all along so that's not really a factor here, plenty other threads covering that already smiling smiley

i hadn't appreciated there were a good number of days where there was viable snow cover up top though. certainly round here there was basically no precipitation for a good chunk of winter (accepting that glenshee very much got the shitty end of the stick all season so far) so i'd just assumed other than CG's impressive snowmaking effort the mountain was pretty much bare.

Suilven

Last Visited: 17:50
10th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 15.14hrs on Wed 27 Feb 19
"Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the credit card company is jointly and severally liable for any breach of contract or misrepresentation by the retailer or trader."

Interesting...
TroutWrestler

Last Visited: 18:01
16th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 20.08hrs on Wed 27 Feb 19
The terms and conditions when I bought my pass did say that any lift could be closed at any time for any reason. Having skied in Scotland for 25 years I accept that any lift may close for an hour/afternoon/day/week due to weather or mechanical failure, and sometimes it takes time to sort. I did not expect the funicular to be closed for the ENTIRE season.

It also stated that I could use my pass throughout the year on the funicular. I am unable to do this. Surely this is breach of contract?

IMO it was not reasonably foreseeable that the funicular would be closed for the season.
remote_patrol

Last Visited: 22:53
20th Apr 2021
Date Posted: 20.38hrs on Wed 27 Feb 19
TroutWrestler Wrote:

IMO it was not reasonably foreseeable that the funicular would be closed for the season.

Not from your side, but I think there's a good case that it was entirely foreseeable by the other party.
growwild

Date Posted: 21.13hrs on Wed 27 Feb 19
That'll be their out though, 'its in the T&C" .. Or they could just say 'new company - bolt '?
TroutWrestler

Last Visited: 18:01
16th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 22.17hrs on Wed 27 Feb 19
The claim isn't against the new company. All the chargebacks are against the old CGM Ltd. As I understand it, chargeback works by the customers CC company reclaiming the money from the bank of CGM Ltd, who then become a creditor of CGM Ltd to a greater degree. They will inevitably lose out when the Administrators settle the accounts, but that is part of the risk they took when they took on the business of CGM Ltd.

It will be interesting to see if there is any consistency in Chargeback decisions across CC issuers and individuals, and the same with Section 75 claims.
Gpats

Last Visited: 17:07
22nd Mar 2019
Date Posted: 10.01hrs on Thu 28 Feb 19
TroutWrestler Wrote: It will be interesting to see if there is any consistency in Chargeback decisions across CC issuers and individuals, and the same with Section 75 claims.

This was partly my reason for posting here - it's good to see how other people are getting on so that if there are inconsistencies, we can address that with our individual card providers.

I'm sending back my letter today - goods available not goods as sold is the main thrust of my argument. I have diagrams, I have statistics. Lets see how it goes.
Gpats

22nd Mar 2019
Date Posted: 16.58hrs on Wed 6 Mar 19
Gpats Wrote:
Yip - good PR practice would be to refund and/or offer a discount on next year’s ticket to thank Season ticket holders for their patience/loyalty and ensure we come back. I’m sure many of us have been buying season tickets for many years. However, the current approach will simply ensure they never get another penny out of me and the other skiers in my family ever again.

Interesting email from Cairngorm today. It’s almost as if they are reading this forum.... (I used to monitor forums and report back to ‘management’ in a previous job. It’s good fun)

growwild

Date Posted: 17.53hrs on Wed 6 Mar 19
Ohhh I better watch what I say in case they try n ban moi.. I wonder if the person that emailed ya was wearing a balaclava when they typed?
Gpats

22nd Mar 2019
Date Posted: 17.56hrs on Wed 6 Mar 19
Just to be clear, it was a standard email to all season ticket holders with an ‘update’ - not one just to me!
growwild

Date Posted: 18.05hrs on Wed 6 Mar 19
Awww they know how tae make folk feel special.
McAnus

Date Posted: 18.49hrs on Wed 6 Mar 19
Gpats Wrote:
Gpats Wrote:
Interesting email from Cairngorm today. It’s almost as if they are reading this forum....

I recall a former CML CEO being adamant that he “never” looked at Winterhighland. Cue a meeting with the man some time later in his office, and the forum was full screen on his desktop!
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: