You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Jcsb36

Last Visited: 21:25
25th May 2020
Will west or Cairngorm open with high winds tomorrow
Date Posted: 17.38hrs on Mon 11 Feb 19
I know guessing weather is hard but does any one think the west will be open with the forecast for such high winds Tomoorw. My second option would be cairngorm but again wind speeds look high.

I’m booked for a job in Glasgow tomorrow evening and was going to travel up tonight and possibly stay in sterling and see what’s best first thing but most mountains aren’t putting up there status’ until 8am. Which still mean 2 hours of traveling. I’m guessin flèche will be the one to be definitely open but gives me the longest travel time back to Glasgow.

If any one can second guess weather please try. If lecht is only option I would just travel up to Perth or Braemar to get a bit closer tonight. All advice welcome
telemarker

Last Visited: 14:59
12th Apr 2021
Re: Will west or Cairngorm open with high winds tomorrow
Date Posted: 21.11hrs on Mon 11 Feb 19
If planning to goto Lecht the Gairnsheil bridge has been closed, meaning a detour via Dinnet required if coming from south.
So check if it is still closed
Jcsb36

Last Visited: 21:25
25th May 2020
Date Posted: 23.44hrs on Mon 11 Feb 19
Thanks for advice on bridge. We have just arrived in Perth and just seen the route to lecht is quicker going via Aviemore so With the extra travel glenshee looks our only option. If the forecast is wrong I would do the extra travel to Aviemore for the ww and m1 but don’t think it is
alan

Last Visited: 17:02
27th Mar 2024
What's this?What's this?What's this?
Date Posted: 23.51hrs on Mon 11 Feb 19
Glenshee is obviously by some distance the closest to Perth, but Glencoe is slightly shorter timewise than CairnGorm, so check it as well in the morning. Lecht being the most NE is likely to have the best of the overhead going though, hope one way or the other you get some sliding in!
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: