You are NOT Logged in.
Chat about all aspects of snowsports, backcountry, climbing and mountaineering.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  1234Next
Current Page:1 of 4
2AlansWatch

Last Visited: 22:16
14th Feb 2019
Glencoe non-conditions chat
Date Posted: 19.51hrs on Tue 12 Feb 19
Hi Al. Hope all is well on 'WestHighland'? There does not appear to be a non conditions discussion for your favourite hill like the on there is for Cairngorm.

Been looking at the planning application for the Glencoe access track and i must be missing something because it is to the top of the access lift but a wee birdy told me there is a motorway to the cafe up the hill and the low road is wider than the A82. Surely there is not an agenda on winterhighland and parks watch is there?

split

Last Visited: 21:49
26th Mar 2019
Re: Glencoe non-conditions chat
Date Posted: 19.57hrs on Tue 12 Feb 19
nice thread.
igloo will be pleased.
igloo4you

Last Visited: 16:28
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 20.13hrs on Tue 12 Feb 19
2AlansWatch,

Guessing you haven't been to Glencoe for a long time. There has a been a network of tracks on the Plateau for a long time (I remember walking them as a child and that was few years ago) and yes of course we carry out regular maintenance of these tracks (clearing ditches, sorting drainage and re-surfacing).

As I've said previously on the other thread I'm happy to discuss whatever issue you have with Glencoe or myself 07977 553901 or andy@andymeldrum.com Failing that would be good to at least to know who I'm communicating with.
carsey

Last Visited: 17:11
22nd Apr 2021
Date Posted: 20.16hrs on Tue 12 Feb 19
Seems like the 2 little cairgnorm boys are looking to hit the best resort in Scotland. Whats the matter, HIE not gas-axing enough lifts or are you running out of ones to chop down there?
fcgm

Date Posted: 23.03hrs on Tue 12 Feb 19
These posters are clearly somebody involved in Cairngorm. Are they really now trying to stoop to the level of smearing another one of the Scottish ski centres out of spite? The actions are pathetic. I had hoped this season may turn a new leaf for them, but now having seen this continued projected monologue I certainly won’t be back to CGM. Nice one guys.
growwild

Date Posted: 23.13hrs on Tue 12 Feb 19
Odds on at bookies for being an employee of natural retreats, only thing left of them at cairngorms is their hand prints that were embedded on a desk

Few things I'd like tae know about Glencoe so this could be of use if it stays...

McAnus

Date Posted: 23.17hrs on Tue 12 Feb 19
Odds on you’re right! The Cairngorm employees in question behind these smears need marched down the carpark faster than, well, certain ones were after NR took over!
ML

Last Visited: 15:59
21st Apr 2021
Date Posted: 23.57hrs on Tue 12 Feb 19
While i think a non-conditions thread would be nice for Glencoe (as it's the resort which has a lot of infrastructure action) we do have to caution that it's not a Gairngorm vs Clencoe battle.

On another note, we also shouldn't forget that Gairngorm isn't the devil and Glencoe isn't a saint. Something that is often forgotton on this site.
It's not that Cairngorm does nothing right and Glencoe does everything right.
splittymcsplitface

Date Posted: 00.28hrs on Wed 13 Feb 19
Split,

That's enough thank you.

Sincerely,

The readers of Winterhighland.
growwild

Date Posted: 01.06hrs on Wed 13 Feb 19
I made a few stickers yonks ago with Glencoe and another resort in it, I'll try and find the file as it wasn't seen by enough folk...
ESD1711

Last Visited: 06:17
13th Feb 2019
Date Posted: 06.18hrs on Wed 13 Feb 19
What a weird thread.

Its the kinda tit for tat you'd expect from bairns, not (as one would assume) fully grown adults.
Macho bunions

Date Posted: 06.24hrs on Wed 13 Feb 19
Quite right Macca. There are a few well known charlatans on the gorm who should have been shown the door long ago.
split

Last Visited: 21:49
26th Mar 2019
Date Posted: 07.24hrs on Wed 13 Feb 19
fcgm, see how easily you make things up and then believe it.
great qualities for this forum.
i'm not in the employ of cairngorm or natural retreats.
it's NR's lack of communication that has allowed some folk to get so far ahead of themselves.

BennDavie

Last Visited: 16:55
16th Feb 2021
Date Posted: 10.05hrs on Wed 13 Feb 19
AYE, as for me I'm glad to see the chips at le Chateau de plateaux much improved from earlier years, damned good selection of condiments too, think they should provide noodles and rice too to avoid allegations o ethnic bias.
pavlf

Last Visited: 00:09
6th Jun 2019
Date Posted: 10.17hrs on Wed 13 Feb 19
Fairly rudimentary skills are required to start your own forum. If you don't like one place, you are quite free to either go elsewhere or to start your own. Split, you are probably about as disastrous for Cairngorm as the removal of the Ciste Chairlift. You should stop now. Lots and lots of people like me, who generally don't comment, are looking on. It's not a good look.

As you can see from the cairngorm thread, updated information that many people welcomed about conditions there has now ceased to happen. Do you think people will now simply go elsewhere for that information? Or, more likely perhaps, will Cairngorm simply slip slowly off many people's radars, as the information is no longer to hand?

Is that not a bit of an own goal?

[resumes lurking]
Goto Page:  1234Next
Current Page:1 of 4
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: